Happiness Rides a Broomstick - Ch. 20

Supporter
Awwww . . . . So nice to get some backstory, and also a nice explanation for why our favourite broom has so little idea about her own kind.

Oh, and random bits of Korean history on top of the random bits of Korean folklore! Always fun - one of the best things about fan translations.

Supporter
This chapter gave me the impression that she either lied about having gone to the dokkaebi realm to Yuju or she did and had a really poor experience on account of how scared of other dokkaebi she is.
She's definitely the kind of person who'd big herself up by claiming to know things she didn't, particularly with someone who has the kind of attitude that Yuju has . . .

Awwww . . . . So nice to get some backstory, and also a nice explanation for why our favourite broom has so little idea about her own kind.

Oh, and random bits of Korean history on top of the random bits of Korean folklore! Always fun - one of the best things about fan translations.
My favorite part about translating this series is all the Korean history and lore. I have to stop myself from adding too much background info sometimes (our PR poor gets attacked with long text walls sometimes :ROFLMAO:).

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

A human realm born dokkaebi n a pretty old one too? or I just miss the year there...
@.@...

Dex-chan lover
if this is her real backstory, it means she spent most of her childhood in that temple and didn't know how to get to dokkaebi realm at all. But her flashback in ch17 shows that she was already in some kind of monster realm once; she looked pretty young there as well, around the age of herself in this temple fire. And if her convo w/ Yuju was true then it must be dokkaebi realm. Smth interesting/serious must've happened in this short time period between these 2 flashbacks :thonk:...

Anyway i hope i could rmb all these plots when next chap comes out so i won't have to reread this again lol

Double-page supporter
today im one step closer to getting the ambition necessary for FINALLY FKIN LEARNING KOREAN JUST SO I CAN READ AS MUCH WEBTOONS AS I WANT IUAHDIUAHDSDUIASUIDSAHDUIUIHDAIUADSIHUDSAUIDAWIUAQWDO I HATE THIS WORLD

Aggregator gang
Thank you for translating

The glossary is helpful. I read all these chapters in two days but I'll image it'll be handy when I read the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for your work!

Damn, I don't think it was her fault (maybe?) but that fire probably Gor her kicked out or made her run away into the dokkaebi realm (somehow)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation!

Just got caught up on this one. Really liking it so far, but I'm on pins and needles waiting for what is going to happen next with the backstory, and what is going to happen when Danjo wakes up :huh:

Such a great translation, thanks a lot for the work you put in it.

Lovely story, happy that I happen to find this one. Defo a hidden gem.

Users who are viewing this thread