Hare-Kon. - Vol. 18 Ch. 174 - Wife's Sukiyaki Party

Dex-chan lover
Tbh I support koharu dumping him. Yuzu will stay no matter what and doesn't really care what he does, but madoka and koharu actually do care. He's proven he prioritizes madoka over koharu, so instead of being the fourth wheel in her own marriage, she needs to leave.
Polyamory works if there's trust and by cheating he's proven that there isn't

Thank god it's ending soon. This series has tortured me for YEARS because I couldn't stop reading this trainwreck. I hope Koharu leaves him.

Edit: I just realized this series already ended last year?!?!
Thank you even more now for doing this series!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
oh my god he is so selfish, he really doesn't deserve any of these women

btw was there ever a polygamy crash course chapter in this manga? I would think such a huge social experiment would have at least have a class or guide on how to do polygamy properly lol ryuu would've definitely needed it

Dex-chan lover
Wait so koharu saw the hickey didn't she? On page 14.
Anyways, ryuu is a piece of shit as always. Why couldn't he tell them about all this before he decided to fuck her. I get that the first wife just goes with the flow but she and koharu should be more 'selfish' as koharu put it. They shouldn't set aside their grievances for his interests.
He should count his lucky stars for having such understanding wives otherwise anyone else would have made him suffer the price of his lust.

id like to give a warning to everyone that the ending is HORRIBLE like probably one of the worst I've ever read

Dex-chan lover
The reality of polygamy and, more realistically, having an attractive partner. Kohaku suffers not from Ryuu being popular, but mostly from her own insecurity. She's not only one of his later lovers, but also having the least confidence amongst the 3. Madoka is beautiful and capable, Yuzu is also beautiful and capable, but more importantly she has a child. Yuzu wants a child and want to share more things with Ryuu because of her own feeling about her inferiority. Not to forget, she also married him to pay off her family's debt. While Ryuu, being a typical men, cares little about that, Kohaku's insecurity only grows as the series goes on because Ryuu inability to sympathise with her struggle. I don't think the series has anything good to say about men nor women, and is rather harsh in my opinion. Men are either free spirits who cares little about others, other than themselves like the guy who tried to court Kohaku, Ryuu and Yuzu's lover. The women, on the other hand, are slave to being a dreamer and practicality at the same time. All 3 wives are terrible people in their own way. Kohaku married Ryuu to solve her family's debt, which seems chivalrous, is nothing more than selfishly barging into onto other's household for financial gain, especially to Madoka. Yet, Kohaku, despite all of that, still want to feel important to the attractive men with 2 other wives that he have to please. Madoka's only saviour is Ryuu, but despite her own pride about her past and her condition, she still dreams to be Ryuu's number one. Yuzu only marries Ryuu to settle down from her messy previous relationship, yet she was still dreaming about maintaining connection with her former lover, despite marrying another men. I don't think any of them are portrayed rather positively, perhaps only sympathetically, which is sorely missing in girl's comic in general. Even if Ryuu feels a little too fantastical, I still love that Non sticks to her gun and portrays him rather negatively as the series progresses. Most readers probably hates this kind of characters, but I think it provides varieties. Idealistic relationships and characters, to me, are boring. I don't want to read about someone's fantasy, I'm more interested in their perspective. There are tons more fantasy and self-insertion works out there, you won't have trouble finding one that pleases your taste of idealistic life.

Dex-chan lover
@duylinh
I don't want to read about someone's fantasy, I'm more interested in their perspective.
This still qualifies as a fantasy though. Granted, not isekai tier, but it still goes along with fairly artificial developments in order to make the plot "work".
Insecurity is certainly not something that polygamy will help with, but to be honest it's a pretty big issue even in monogamous relationships.

Dex-chan lover
@criver Of course everything is a fantasy. Fantasy in the way that it is fictional. I use the word fantasy as created as a form of wish fulfilment rather than to convey an idea or a message. It's the difference between, for example, discussing an ideal road trip against discussing whether or not a road trip is an activity worth carrying out. I concede that they can be difficult to separate, for wish fulfilment works can have plenty of life lessons and lectures, and characters in a serious fiction can be rather self-inserted as well. For example, Kafka mostly talks about himself in his works, or Dante literally puts himself as main character. Yet, it's pretty clear that the intention and focus of their works are rather distant from fulfilling an idealistic scenario, but to narrate a vehicle for an idea. We thought of Isekai for the same reason, it's clear to us that the author is uninterested a message, merely their own fantasy.

Can anyone please spoiler me the ending ??? Cuz now I’m so mad and of this drama and i want to know the ending 😑

Group Leader
@roba94
We all share the same feeling I believe :)
I feel bad for Koharu as much as everyone else...

Users who are viewing this thread