Hariko no Otome

i think dark-haired guy is just giving her a political marriage to protect her from her abusive family and doesn’t intend to start a romance with her, just take care of her. i could be wrong; large age gaps do pop up occasionally in manga. i hope it won’t be like that, though, Yui is very young and naive.
he did say he hoped she would find someone to love one day. iirc their country allows polygamy so she can marry more than one man? so even though married to an older man, they don’t have to, um, consummate it and he will be more like a guardian. she can find a husband that she loves when she’s older.
i wanted to say this could be avoided if he just adopted her, but she needs to keep the Nylle last name so that wouldn’t work. whereas if they get married she can keep her last name so it’s a marriage of convenience. i’m still uncomfortable and wary, though.

I am genuinely curious about how the plot will turn out but the age gap is making me hesitate to read more

He could totally just adopt her.. I wouldn’t have been bothered by this if he’s not being a creep

The age gap is so unnecessary, the author could definitely have come up with a few different ways to
protect her from her family
that wasn't so ick. I was hoping it'd be just a ruse but the
lap-pillow bs
doesn't give me hope for where this is going now. Unfortunate, since the rest of the plot is genuinely interesting

(Also @ the "historical accuracy so it's okay" argument like lol fairies and magic embroidery are totally historically accurate but go off ig)

Well I never thought about the age gap till I read some comments. I don't mind,as long as it doesn't begin to get "creppy".
Looking forward for more.
She needs to marry someone, so she doesn't become a royal concubine?

Hello to the future readers and or those who can read japanese, can you please spoil me about the age gap and how this story proceeds?

I don't know guys the ex-king is old enough to be yui's father more so than that what happen to his child he gon just ditch him like that take care of ur child first bruh 😭

As long as the translator can continue this works, it's ok for me.. and thx for translating this works for us!

i know its not meant to be a fast paced story, but it somehow manages to be both too fast and too slow at the same time.
On the one hand, she goes from starving and abused to an absolute beauty that is loved and cared for to being proposed to by a former king in the span of a few chapters
on the other hand, they take so much time to explain. every. little. detail. about. the. lives. of. the. characters. and. their. back. stories. there's like, 5 frames of sewing, 2 chapters of her being abused, and the rest is just explanations and plotdumps. it's like reading a pamphlet about the lives of some characters, with bits of manga sprinkled on it.

hell, the main character gets proposed to after making the former king an outfit. you would think it's time to celebrate and feel happy, right? NOPE! Time to explain why he is marrying her and why they need to do things in a certain way and why those ways need to be done and why the former king is concerned and why she needs to be protected and why they have to be careful about the spiders (something that was explained in the previous chapter)

it's like the author forget that he was making a manga, and just made an explanatory pamphlet with pictures.

Thanks for the update!!!
It's up to you translator...I am okey with either one, if you think the slice or waiting is easy for you.. Its okey with me

The age gap is really uncomfortable i mean her son in law would be older than her and this former king could be her father.

Users who are viewing this thread