Harukaze no Étranger - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

@chillmr same, I hope Sakurako is just being nice and understanding of kids/teens being the way they are and knows it will pass, because the age gap is really not something to be ignored here lol
really I wish the latest chapters would focus on something else

Group Leader
I feel like the author is constantly challenging herself. As the age difference between Mio and Shun and the fact that they, in a way, started their thing while Shun was an adult but Mio still in school, apparently wasn’t enough, she decided to go for an even bigger one?

Dex-chan lover
not a fan of fumi character but we get sakurako smile so its fine , can't wait for the anime

Fumi, my boy... gotta get your priorities straight, man. As much as I wanna root for him, this rebellious stage is gonna bring in more problems in the future. Just- so much secondhand embarassment from this.

Oh well :D he's still a kid afterall. Can't wait to see how this will unfold.

Dex-chan lover
@ikarirei69
It’s all over the place, everything is zany and extreme, now, and it feel directionless and frenetic.

I liked the prequel better

@Thrembs
"It’s all over the place"
The focus has stayed primarily with Shun and Mio's relationship and Fumi's infatuation him Sakurago has been a recurring plot point since the first volume. Thematically, I'de say it's been pretty consistent with exploring concepts of non-traditional families and relationships (a least in a Japenese context).
So far the series has explored the relationships between a gay couple, an adopted brother, a breadwinner mother and stay-at-home stepfather, and now a middle schooler infatuated with a women in her 30's.

"everything is zany and extreme, now,"
things have always been zany and extreme, even in the prequel. Did you forget that Sakurago actually tried to stab Shun without any legitimate provocation in the prequel? Or that Mio shows up after 3 years of no communication and pledge his undying love to Shun, a guy he new for maybe a few days at best? Seriously, what is in the sequel tonally that sets it apart from the pequel in any meaningful way?

Thank you for the chapter!
Wheew, it’s been so long since I’ve read that I forgot who these people are hahaha

@Thrembs
I think the only reason we think this is because chapters come out very slowly. If we had to read the original with chapters coming out haphazardly instead of all in one go, we'd also think that it was rather all over the place. Kanna Kii's stories are usually more focused on an overarching plot so each individual chapter feels out of place if we don't have the continuation. If the entirety of Harukaze no etranger came out already, we wouldn't think it was all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread