Hatarakanai Futari - Vol. 22 Ch. 1375 - SDGs

Dex-chan lover
9NCrOUU.png

should that be "international" nothing comes up for intenational
Selfish as it may sound, one should be able to take care of themselves before considering taking care of others.

9NCrOUU.png

should that be "international" nothing comes up for intenational
Selfish as it may sound, one should be able to take care of themselves before considering taking care of others.
Why couldn't you do both at the same time? Sounds very arbitrary.
Not to mention "being able to take care of themselves" isn't very precise. I imagine you think that means living by yourself and paying your own bills and such, but then at that point are you expected to never ask anyone for help with anything? Ever? Because if you did ask for help you could then be straying from this vague statement of "being able to care for themselves".
I'm not trying to make a cheap gotcha blow, but rather just making a point that people are constantly learning and improving through their entire lives, and if people were to follow what you said no one, or at best only a very small number of people, would be able to help others. Which is a bad thing, obviously.

Aggregator gang
Not to mention "being able to take care of themselves" isn't very precise. I imagine you think that means living by yourself and paying your own bills and such, but then at that point are you expected to never ask anyone for help with anything? Ever? Because if you did ask for help you could then be straying from this vague statement of "being able to care for themselves".
I'm not trying to make a cheap gotcha blow, but rather just making a point that people are constantly learning and improving through their entire lives, and if people were to follow what you said no one, or at best only a very small number of people, would be able to help others. Which is a bad thing, obviously.
I see where you're coming from with this argument but I think mom's point is still valid. In general, you will always be able to help others best when you already helped yourself first. Thing here is, Mamoru is already at the peak of his life, so he doesn't really need to help himself 😆

Serious talk though, I had acquaintances who would try and preach the best advice at me while they were still struggling with personal issues. As the external viewpoint you would wish they would invest their energy in getting better 😞

Dex-chan lover
ideally sure you would have both.

Users who are viewing this thread