Hatsukoi Zombie - Vol. 16 Ch. 152 - The Forbidden Fruit

Dex-chan lover
So it seems the author is going to completely retcon out the arc with great-grandpa.
An example of someone with a sapient FLZ living a long time? Nope, Tarou's going to die because of Eve.
Eve watching another FLZ long for fulfillment of the romance then accept that it won't be fulfilled, and subsequently vowing to stay with Tarou forever in rejection of her nature? Nope, the drive to see Ririsu and Tarou together is inexorable and irresistible, overriding her conscious decisions.

@iamkiki It was his great grampa's FLZ kyouko, dark eve was alluding to the fact that she had a melt down while saying she hated gramps for turning down his first love for her and that eve will find herself in the same situation if she realizes Ibusuki is a girl.

@anon763 Again, when she first manifested he completely ignored her for a long time before talking to her and then he lost the ability to see her until he he hit his head again as an old man. He didn't spend his entire life interacting with her as much as Tarou does with Eve.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@FloatyBee
Your comment violates 5.1 of our rules, Be Civil. We do not use slurs of any kind. Please acquaint yourself with our rules.

Your next violation will result in disciplinary measures.

Thanks,

Zeph

Aggregator gang
Fight me Dropout; dad is a halfwit dick-weed pushing his incomplete and and poorly formed misunderstandings and beliefs onto others under the guise of self-righteousness and altruistic / parental concern for others.

Dex-chan lover
Yo Dropout, I got your back! They just don't get it. Dad is doing the best he can with what he's got.

I don't like how the mangaka teased the idea of a recursive FLZ and then just kinda dropped it immediately. Give me recursion or give me death

Dex-chan lover
Dad still thinks of eve as evil without any prove, claims that she will kill him even though there is evidence against it, doesn't give a fuck about analysing the situation and is obviously (should be even obvious to himself) a greater threat to his son's live, than Eve ever was. But People shower him with affection, because he is not a total psychodick. Well done. Just get on that plane and don't dare to come back until you've grown yourself some common sense.

Dex-chan lover
You can twist and turn it like you want, but the eye color, the hair color and hair style... That other girl in Shadow-Eves splitform is Ebino. Truth is he still has strong feelings for Ibusuki, but he already moved on to Ebino.

@Bluebee: I also thought, that Eve is as much a product of Ibusuki's mind as it is of Tarou's. That might play a huge role in Eve being consciousness about herself, her mindset and motivation. Did you also identified that other face as Ebino's? Do you believe, that Ebino showed up, because of her subconscious fear, that Tarou might have moved on to Ebino? And that the reason of Shadow-Eve knowing Ibusuki's real gender (if she knows it) is, becasue she is the part of Eve, that is Ibusuki's projection? Man....I have to tell you, that's far fetched. XD

You're just seeing what you want to see my dude. It's very clearly kyouko not ebino.
x9.png

Someone halp.... what's even happening anymore? Does Tarou know Ibusuki is a girl? What does papa Tarou want? Why is Ebino best?

This is the first time I've been frustrated with what's happening in this series.

Edit: Nvm, other commenters answered my questions. Thanks other commenters who are more attentive than I am

Dex-chan lover
Oh, this is horseshit. Dad knew that Tarou's grandfather had seen first love zombies for DECADES and he's still alive even after seeing them again. So this "IMMA SAVE MY SON... ALSO PLEASE IGNORE THAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO STEAL THIS POWER FROM TAROU AND DESPERATELY WANT IT BECAUSE I'M A PERVERT/LEECHER" reasoning is self-serving and an excuse. He knows Tarou isn't going to die from this (IRONICALLY he's more likely to die from whatever bullshit stunt his father has been pulling - this is perhaps the most taxing and harmful we've seen of the exertion put onto Tarou yet) alone.

Also, plot is... a fucking mess. It's like the mangaka doesn't know whether or not they should end the story and they sure as hell don't know how to end it at this point, so they're just going for the "throw twists and turns! do something!" gambit.

My only guess is that what "Dark" Eve was referring to is she'll realize that Tarou is better off without her because Tarou should have a relationship with the flesh-and-blood world and not his own hallucination and that this is causing him harm in the long run (and, no, I'm not talking about "you're going to die!" harm necessarily) and will leave Tarou willingly in order to protect him. And my guess is Eve is Tarou's link to his abilities because... plot contrivance reasons... and he'll lose his ability once she leaves. Just a guess, but that's the only thing "you'll never see him again because you won't want to" seems to point at. And the "Dark" Eve was her dark side being somewhat selfish and wanting to keep Tarou because she loves him.

Group Leader
how the fuck does the author do such a good job of making the most trash male characters likable i mean goddamn

Users who are viewing this thread