Heisei Haizanhei ☆ Sumire-chan - Ch. 8 - A Measured Woman

Dex-chan lover
If you did your due diligence with trying to contact the previous poster to not snipe I dont see the problem with posting if there was no response, thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
Sniping is fake. It'd be fine even if they didn't reach out.
Sniping only counts if they recently did a chapter.

If they take too long, it's free game (unless if they have a good reason and give the community a warning).

The problem with sniping is that it often actually slows down development in the community. We have more works than translators, and sniping a work often just makes the limited translators just quit.

And most snipers often don't stick with the story long either, so it's worse for the community and for the translation of the work itself.

If you did your due diligence with trying to contact the previous poster to not snipe I dont see the problem with posting if there was no response, thanks for the chapter
The thing is they didn't post to any group, have no socials connected to their profile, and Mangadex doesn't have messaging yet. I have no way of contacting them. I tried to look them up by their username but no dice. I can edit the chapter or take it down if they get in touch with me.

Dex-chan lover
Commenting on the actual chapter:

I think it is kind of a shame she is forced to lose weight, even beyond just my own preferences. I think exploring a model/idol with a (slightly) more realistic body figure would have been a nice route for this manga given its subject matter.

Dex-chan lover

I think it is kind of a shame she is forced to lose weight, even beyond just my own preferences. I think exploring a model/idol with a (slightly) more realistic body figure would have been a nice route for this manga given its subject matter.
I don't think this was that kinda story.

It's not meant to be that deep.....

Dex-chan lover
Considering how difficult it was for Yuusei to persuade Sumire to become a doujin idol, more or less totally against her own wishes, it's no wonder Sumire wouldn't want to change her lifestyle too much for such work's sake.

Dex-chan lover
Did she just say she lost 20k in an hour? unless she's talking about losing 20k yen at pachinko then that's physically impossible

Dex-chan lover

Agree, but it didn't bother me. I do think it's weird that she looks almost unnaturally trim even after supposedly gaining weight.

Check her waist at the bottom pf pages 13 & 14:
Satomi-U-Heisei-Haizanhei-Sumire-c008-p013-14.png

Dex-chan lover

Japan have that culture

Dex-chan lover
Agree, but it didn't bother me. I do think it's weird that she looks almost unnaturally trim even after supposedly gaining weight.

Satomi-U-Heisei-Haizanhei-Sumire-c008-p013-14.png
It's Japan we're talking about, if it's not a magazine for guys that like chubby girls then they're supossed to be as thin as a fucking nail. And if they're as thin as a nail then they'll make her compress her stomach and don't doubt it they'll probably photoshop her to make her even thinner after. They just do push these unreasonable standards in the industry.

Dex-chan lover
More credit where it's due, the artist managed to captured the drape (and light wedgie) of a woman's underwear. The way they drew her silhouette really got the "thin but not toned" qualities of flesh, with very economical line work.

I've said it before: This story is taking a close look at the business/life of selling your body in images. Suggested reading for context: Guy Debord's Society of the Spectacle Summarized, and Full Version.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

It should also be noted that it's for her modeling her clothing along with the fact that the author is probably also wanting to keep the fan service.

Users who are viewing this thread