Hello, Melancholic! - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

Group Leader
This chapter's title song can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH7lpPCxbgE

Wasnt really feeling this chapter, Hibiki has still gotten off to lightly. She barely even reflected on her actions and basically pushed it aside with the mindset "Oh well, Minato will come crawling back to me anyway"

Dex-chan lover
@JaYashi Yeah, i would have been angry if Hibiki could have get away with that attitude of her. She think so low of Minato on that regard "I was totally right in my actions and she will forget me anyway", no dipshit. You've been extremly selfish and you don't listen one time to what Hibiki wanted, you know, the only person that was really concerned by that.

Dex-chan lover
Let's hope the upcoming reconciliation will cause Hibiki to actually reflect on herself, because even if Minato said what she did to hurt her, she wasn't exactly wrong. Hibiki absolutely did act like her father, and very much unlike herself. It's like she just threw aside her own views and ambitions once presented with this shiny, golden opportunity, even if just by proxy of Minato, which is a pretty shitty thing to do.

Dex-chan lover
@JaYashi @brainman

With the way this manga portrays relationships, I think Hibiki's attitude will go by unpunished for a while but as she and Minato get closer a reckoning of sorts will come where Hibiki has to confront the fact that she seems to have been almost subconsciously emotionally manipulating Minato.

Honestly, I think it might be a better story that way- the more something bad festers, the larger the consequence and change.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like Hibiki didn’t tell the other two what actually happened otherwise they wouldn’t be going along with her like this. And pushing everything on to Minato is pretty shitty.

While this whole thing was started by Hibiki-senpai for being pushy, both of them are in the red here. Even worse trying to stop the club members help them reconcile, 😓. She's fine still.....
Thanks for this chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Did I miss something, or do we still not know what Minato's deep dark backstory is and why she's a neurotic mess when it comes to other people? What's the over/under on it being some big misunderstanding where she was too nervous to speak up about something and it caused people to be slightly annoyed at her, which she took to mean they hated her?

@datanono I mean, some people ARE just kinda neurotic messes in general (woooo social anxietyyy ;_;) but the incident with the band in junior high school (chapter 1) really did a number on her self-worth

Fed-Kun's army
@TracerK Ooooooh ... right! I forgot the Hibike! Euphonium drama from her middle school years. Well, at least this Kumiko is actually trying to get the girl instead of constantly yuri-baiting the audience.

How much a prince can Ema be? 😍
Jeez cant wait for her background story
And pairing if possible 😚

Dex-chan lover
Dayuummm!!let's agree to the fact that we need emma's arc side story.

Also the hibiki thinks is kinda weird.
I just hope when minato talks to her she will also raise the fact that hibiki actually did something wrong as well on her part, ofcourse now using the right words on her face.

Dammit I really don't want this to end
T-T.why all good stories are sooo shortt af.
Thank you sooooo much for this update!❤

@brainman Yeah,it just shows that her beliefs are not that deeply rooted. Looks like, when she was excited, unconsciously, she went with general public opinion - success equals happiness. I don't think she was using Minato as a proxy though, more like she was acting differently because of unusual situation and all the emotions caused by it. Guess, it was something akin to being lost in thoughts and rushing ahead of the train. As to why she started having those thoughts is still a question, either she's not so sure about her idea of fun and happiness or it was something like a habitual thought, ingrained by all the adults around her(such things are hard to deal with completely).
Personally, i think in recent chapters Hibiki is getting carried away. Hope there will be some behaviour analysis in future chapters. Oh and Ema thing kind of bothers me, feels like there is a lot to her story, but i wonder if it will somehow intertwine with main plot. And Chika still needs to confess properly.

Users who are viewing this thread