Here U Are - Vol. 1 Ch. 91

🤦‍♀️ I honestly thought that there would be some progress with YuYang after last week’s chapter. That’s what I was talking about when complaining about bad pacing and whatnot, I can’t see why not intertwine Pan’s story with the main storyline instead of having several chapters dedicated solely to him. This way people who don’t care much about the side characters can keep being interested as well.

Welp see ya in chapter 100 I guess

...Maybe the barkeep will get back together with his old lover and reject the red-headed kid so we can quickly end this side story. I liked Yuyang's glasses friend and the shy guitar boy a lot better, and they actually have closer ties to the main couple. The barkeep and the red-headed kid's story seems a bit forced into the whole story. It feels like it should be an entirely separate side story after the main one ends.

i just keep seeing people complaining about this side story with the side characters. y'all realize DJUN has no obligation to keep readers, who are absolutely getting this amazing comic for free, interested right? if you're getting tired of this, kindly shut up and leave....? it's rude to constantly criticise DJUN's decision on how to run their story. has it never occurred to you that DJUN may be experiencing some kind of writer's block in the main couple's story? or maybe they just developed an attachment to their own side characters and are inspired to make them a more relevant part of the comic? or maybe they just want to do this? sure, keep whining but it makes you sound entitled and childish tbh.

the same shit happened to OldXian (author of '19 Days') and they got really tired of people telling them what to do, for their own story that they release for FREE. damn, y'all really need to know when to stop. if DJUN decides to give the side characters the spotlight for now, that's their right and it's our privilege to enjoy. if not, please leave graciously and come back when the time is ripe.

also, thank you Cappy for your hard work as usual! always looking forward to a new chapter. i actually like Uncle Pan's personality. he's older than the rest, so it's certain that he'll be more composed in these situations. i really want to see Redhead get his ass handed to him for real next time, he needs to be humbled so badly.

Group Leader
@potbellyjin So we're never allowed to criticize anything cause it's gonna hurt the creator's feefees, got it. It's not like if this side story was completely taken out absolutely nothing would change, oh wait...

I agree @driftingabove, it would have been much better if it was either entwined with the main storyline, rather than completely interrupting the flow of the main storyline, or else it's own side story after the main story had already wrapped up. Putting a side story, and a rather long one it seems, in the middle of the main story just doesn't make sense from a story telling point of view, especially when it has nothing to do with advancing the main plotline. If the author is having a block as potbelly said, then it's better to take a hiatus, regroup your thoughts, and get the story back on track rather than this bullshit storyline that came out of nowhere and is doing nothing to further the plot.

@potbellyjin
Sigh... I received the same kinda response when I made a critic, some chapters ago, and I'm not even one of the people saying things like "omg this story is going nowhere I'm gonna stop reading I hate these characters!1"
In my defense I say that people are allowed to have an opinion, you know? Mine has been very positive all along. Seriously, this manhua is GREAT and has lots of positives, but the pacing IS a flaw imo.

If you care to search, from all of the coments I posted here, only two (included today's) were VERY mild criticisms. If that affects you that much you could maybe stop reading the comments section, as I think you're being far more disruptive.

If DJun for some reason reads this, I'd like to say: I LOVE your webcomic, pls don't stop writing just because I said something along the lines of "um the pacing could maybe be better?"
But yeah, I'm gonna wait some chapters because my poor lil heart can't take the expectation.

Also: Thanks Cappy for your work in the translation, as always. Don't think I don't appreciate what takes for me to be able to read this every week.

Double-page supporter
@driftingabove I think Djun wants us to get invested in the side characters to keep the webcomic going, notice he just added a new character into the comic which will create drama with redhead and thus lead to more chapters being released to explain it all.

@potbellyjin
You do realize Here U Are is actually a spin off from Guang Xiang right? I don't understand why Djun would be interested in creating more room for side characters when he based this manhua on a side character. He can always go on Hiatus if he had writer's block. It's most likely the case that the publishers want to cash in and thus create more characters to hook the readers and djun into investing more time to this spin off.

@ribbitribbitsaga that makes sense and I also realize that, for this webcomic to have 200 chapters, and with HuanYang being apparently close to finally getting together, we'll have to start focusing more on other characters. My only point is that the multiple storylines could flow better, see, especially as a lot of people are on their toes about what will happen with the main two, and that can make the side ones a bit less interesting, at this very moment.

And that's just an opinion 🤷‍♀️

Well BTW I like all the side characters and I enjoy the side stories. And seems like there is some competition now going on with that new dude.

Oh and I look forward to the story about the guy with the guitar. I forgot his name though 😂😅

I have read that DJUN cannot read English well so why would criticism here hurt their feelings? Wouldn't an author feel good about the fact that people are reading their comic and want to discuss it? For pacing and content issues I agree with @ribbitribbitsaga - just give us some content with the main pair and show some connection there, that would be what I would prefer. There is only one side character I do not like and he is the focus of this chapter. Chapter 91 has shown more about Qiu - he acts like a spoiled child, calling his father to demand money, acting as an entitled rich jerk, having his friend drive him and treating him like a slave. What is that friend's name and why he would want to do this for Qiu is not known and I really don't want to know this friend but we see a lot of him this chapter. I do wonder where DJUN is going with this pairing, it does not seem a good match. I sincerely do not want him to pair up with Uncle Pan. Is this really negative criticism of DJUN? Its just my point of view. I just want to talk about this story that I look forward to every week.

I don't mind reading about the side characters and their ships (although I don't like this red-headed kid, honestly. and i know he's gonna change at some point, probably, but with every chapter my patience is thinning towards him), but I wish the author would pace the ships better; make 2/3 chapters about one ship, then switch to another ship for the same amount of chapters, and so on. I mean, the pink-haired guy + YuYang's friend were introduced as a potential couple earlier than red-head + Uncle Pan, but they've been shoved aside too lol

Thank you so much for this chapter, is the guest uncles ex lover? Really enjoying his story with the brat as well. Hhhaa. Meanwhile lihuan and Yuyang get your shit straight, how can we have the sex scene at this rate. Huhuhu. Thanks again djun

Users who are viewing this thread