Heterogenia Linguistico - Ch. 45 - The Change of The Seasons

Dex-chan lover
I find it fascinating how this manga realistically portrays that, although you've known someone for quite some time, but drastically differ in species, culture and language, you might completely misinterpret something as seemingly obvious as gender.

Even more so when you've just had a conversation with said person about 'Why are we even here?'

Dex-chan lover
0a595b9b-e04a-4658-a041-9996c709c2ce.jpg

jerma985-jerma-eats-bird.gif

Dex-chan lover
The only thing i got is the lizard is questioning existence and point of life.
Yeah this chapter was extra confusing; I basically only understood the existential crisis part. I laughed a bit on Moo's part, i was like 'wtf is he even talking about?'
I think it's the author's intention, or at least it makes sense to me, that most of the conversations are strange from our point of view, since we're following Hakaba's perspective. I always say this, but to me it feels like we are as confused as he is.

I love this manga. It's odd and very unique

Dex-chan lover
Sensei is also forgetting that the non humans have better/different senses than humans, so while maybe they don't have any physical indicators of sex there might be something like smell, or even colors invisible to the human eye he cant see that would give a hint to something like sex.

Of course, none of that matters anyways since their way of life mostly revolves around everyone putting in effort to survive and separating duties based on something as frivolous as the sex you were born as would make no sense to monsters since its counter productive. Anyways knowing the sex would really only be important for baby making

Dex-chan lover
I like how the other species have some wisdom and perspectives we lack, but still get bogged down with existential topics like humans, in their own unique ways. Their worldviews aren't really any more complete than ours, they still fall into the gaps of their ideas.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah this chapter was extra confusing; I basically only understood the existential crisis part. I laughed a bit on Moo's part, i was like 'wtf is he even talking about?'
I think it's the author's intention, or at least it makes sense to me, that most of the conversations are strange from our point of view, since we're following Hakaba's perspective. I always say this, but to me it feels like we are as confused as he is.

I love this manga. It's odd and very unique
Kekuu and Kashuu are lizard siblings. Kekuu thinks and worries a lot, especially about death, which Moo points out and said that Kekuu should be a philosopher or scientist like human.

Kekuu romances the Ice dragon, who is kinda sorta ready to die. Kekuu worries about death and doesn't really want to bring a child into the world just for it to die. However, Kekuu does want to have kids, which is why he? is so conflicted about this.

MC talked to Kashuu about what Kekuu felt, and Kashuu is like "yeh my brother thinks too much but he will be fine". Which is why MC said they're total opposites, since one questions life and the other just goes along without questioning things much.

Anw, thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Kekuu and Kashuu are lizard siblings. Kekuu thinks and worries a lot, especially about death, which Moo points out and said that Kekuu should be a philosopher or scientist like human.

Kekuu romances the Ice dragon, who is kinda sorta ready to die. Kekuu worries about death and doesn't really want to bring a child into the world just for it to die. However, Kekuu does want to have kids, which is why he? is so conflicted about this.

MC talked to Kashuu about what Kekuu felt, and Kashuu is like "yeh my brother thinks too much but he will be fine". Which is why MC said they're total opposites, since one questions life and the other just goes along without questioning things much.

Anw, thanks for the chapter!
I kind of feel stupid for not getting it now, auheaue... Thank you for the explanation!

Dex-chan lover
Kekuu's nebulous justification for having kids might relate to him being a reptile. Reptilian brains are known to operate on basic needs first and foremost, so Kekuu's instincts might be driving him to seek companionship, like a reptile would seek food when hungry or heat when they're cold. He's left wondering why he has this drive, and if he was only born to do what nature commands and then "become meat", instead of having a way to stay the same forever, like a "nice rock".

Last edited:
Group Leader
Chapter 6 uses the kanji 姉弟 to refer to Kashuu and Kekuu. Kashuu is a girl.
If you assume that you had assumed something then it's better to actually double check instead of just changing what you translate something as.
There is no control f for 45 chapters of manga raws but thanks for pointing it out

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread