Hibari's Morning

Dex-chan lover
You know, this shit's actually kinda endearing in its own self absorbed way. Definitely following.

Dex-chan lover
It's fairly well written, but there isn't a single person in it I don't dislike . . . maybe the MC, it's hard to tell because she hardly ever gets any lines. Plus at a certain point it's like, OK I get it already.
But I do find myself wondering if she's going to be OK, so following for now--but I hope it's not terribly long.

Aggregator gang
Where's the tragedy tag? I feel like every chapter is its own little tragedy.

Chp 7, daaaaamn, the author sure knows how to portrait such a sad situation.

Finally some perspective from the MC in chapter 7. So ready for the next (And final) volume

Aggregator gang
I just hope for one thing, I hope Hibari will be ok.

the story is really well written, the tense atmosphere is there, you will feel uncomfortable and worry all chapters along with everyone. Enjoy~

Fed-Kun's army
Well. people are giving high rating for this... The saving grace of this manga is the end note about how this story is a dumping ground for the author hatred, envy and all that thing. Just like it's said, it's justification of how it's "Trash". That's why it has to be like this. I'm surprised the ending is not going way darker.
sure its an art in it self, about how realistic it is, of how things is not always pretty and solvable. But that's a pessimistic way to see it.

In my opinion. a story is especially *amazing* when it betrays our common expectation. about how the main character grow defying what he/she is going to be in our expectation.

this is half-assing everything in that regard, if its mainstream, she finds happiness in the end, maybe in a epic way. if its tragic, she might be ended up holding her breath, only to find a salvation in ending everything.

it could go even darker, she ended up killing everything and burning the house, laughing hysterically in the end page. but this...well. "Trash" i guess. 6/10 for me. that last note is a great confession for the author for this story. a waste of time that left a feeling of unfinished business, in a bad way.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I read this whole thing on this day as well. Ugguuu

Well, now to binge read Machida-kun no Sekai and balance out the negative with some positive

@FaOzz It may just be a matter of personal preference, but I think there's value in unassuming stories that cruelly and unflinchingly reflect reality. Lately, I've noticed that fantastic heroics don't quite reach me as much as quiet devastation. Maybe it's because I can't relate to a hero whose success and happiness is an almost guarantee? Or maybe it's because I'm so used to "amazing" stories that they feel like cliches to me now? I thought the ending was great. It left just enough for us to infer and imagine what happens next. It didn't need a giant house fire or for the antagonists to grovel for forgiveness and it certainly did not need the MC to somehow rise up out of the ashes of her struggles and rewrite her own story by the force of her willpower and determination. An ending like that would have reduced the story to fantasy.

Fed-Kun's army
@rellea well yeah, thats why i said its "my opinion". it might rings true to some and not to others. of course i dont relate to a hero with guaranteed success. but our MC isnt depicted that way. it lead us to believe that she would run away from life both literally and figuratively. and she did JUST that. and again, to my personal preference it would be *amazing* if author betrayed our expectation of that. it can be in any form, as long it left us speechless with the action she took. the fact she run away, its a Cliche in a REAL LIFE, which is to me, not something i look in a story that can be taken to the next level.

also sorry if i got bad grammar or offended you. i mean you're right, its a matter of personal preferences.

Dex-chan lover
I was really effected by this manga and reading it all in one sitting damn near killed me
It's very tense and it really brings up so many damn uncomfortable questions
The way it handles a lot of themes is very unique to this manga
It touches on some heavy topics like the intense sexualization of minors and of victim blaming
And to also of an cultures passivity that might allow something unspeakable to occur and not face consequences

Users who are viewing this thread