High School Girl at the Convenience Store - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
Thank you!

have you used Batoto? There's a ton of korean webcomics on there so maybe there are more translators there that can help you if not give you the raws

brother is a born hater but his hating is still trans inclusive somewhat lol.
Teenagers can simultaneously be the most accepting and most brutal at roasting their own friends lol like i'm sure ppl have joked like "Well even if you're gay you're still not gonna get anyone asking you out with those clothes" (although feels like it'd be an issue if he only wanted to help female customers b/c while it'd be suck to be hit on at work, i imagine most customers also don't wanna be hit on as well. If not someone just flirting with him for a discount and such)

And oof bathrooms might be awkward but even so, you'd think there'd be a student ID. At that point i'd just show my top/bra or so but surely Korea might have gender neutral bathrooms if not 'family' rooms for like a babychanging station or so

Double-page supporter
Thank you!

have you used Batoto? There's a ton of korean webcomics on there so maybe there are more translators there that can help you if not give you the raws

Teenagers can simultaneously be the most accepting and most brutal at roasting their own friends lol like i'm sure ppl have joked like "Well even if you're gay you're still not gonna get anyone asking you out with those clothes" (although feels like it'd be an issue if he only wanted to help female customers b/c while it'd be suck to be hit on at work, i imagine most customers also don't wanna be hit on as well. If not someone just flirting with him for a discount and such)

And oof bathrooms might be awkward but even so, you'd think there'd be a student ID. At that point i'd just show my top/bra or so but surely Korea might have gender neutral bathrooms if not 'family' rooms for like a babychanging station or so
i do upload this onto bato.to aswell but (to my konwledge) bato.to is used more commonly for uploading the offical translations and mangadex is bigger for unoffical scanlator groups.

Dex-chan lover
i do upload this onto bato.to aswell but (to my konwledge) bato.to is used more commonly for uploading the offical translations and mangadex is bigger for unoffical scanlator groups.
yeah i have seen a lot say 'official' (surprised that's allowed, webtoon deals aside i would've expected a takedown or so from the english publishing companies) but there are still a handful of indie translators so hopefully some will be in contact, but good luck

Dex-chan lover
yeah i have seen a lot say 'official' (surprised that's allowed, webtoon deals aside i would've expected a takedown or so from the english publishing companies) but there are still a handful of indie translators so hopefully some will be in contact, but good luck
batoto's whole thing is that it allows all kinds of uploads, it just needs views to make money. It's also pretty low-key so it hasn't been shut down yet, but I think if the publishers want they can crack down on it.

one thing I kinda hate about batoto is that because it allows official translation to be uploaded there, many manhwa series either got locked/made unaccessible for foreigners/non-Korean, and/or the process of getting manhwa series translated just got much harder.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter is hilarious, especially the going to the public toilet part XD

his brother is really good, her new hairstyle makes her looks so handsome!

That being said this will just make the misunderstanding even deeper isn't it? I mean, with a hairstyle like that how can Choi Yang even thinks that Im Geum Seong is a girl.

Dex-chan lover
what exactly does she mean by saying she hopes she can apply for an id soon?
it's so she can prove she's a girl, b/c even if korea had a similar bathing/nudity culture, i imagine most ppl wouldn't wanna strip fully to prove that they're a girl/boy in a bathroom, unless they have like a full beard , i'd think more ppl would be used to androgynous ppl or so outside of the 'pretty kpop stars' lol, unless there's been a recent local thing of 'boys peeping into girls bathrooms' but even then it's not as if you'd be fully changing there anyways or if there'd be like peeking over the stalls (tho it shouldn't be an issue, urinals for males aside, with some place's bathrooms having like it fully sealed off where you couldn't see under the stall next to you or so)

Dex-chan lover
batoto's whole thing is that it allows all kinds of uploads, it just needs views to make money. It's also pretty low-key so it hasn't been shut down yet, but I think if the publishers want they can crack down on it.

one thing I kinda hate about batoto is that because it allows official translation to be uploaded there, many manhwa series either got locked/made unaccessible for foreigners/non-Korean, and/or the process of getting manhwa series translated just got much harder.
i think i did see a ver that got shut down but maybe they renamed it/moved the servers but yeah given the hundreds of aggregators out there i guess ppl wouldn't care/might depend on how much money they lose, i do have physical copies of yotsuba but sometimes if i feel like rereading a certain chapter it's easier/quicker to search mangadex for it lol

Dex-chan lover
it's so she can prove she's a girl, b/c even if korea had a similar bathing/nudity culture, i imagine most ppl wouldn't wanna strip fully to prove that they're a girl/boy in a bathroom, unless they have like a full beard , i'd think more ppl would be used to androgynous ppl or so outside of the 'pretty kpop stars' lol, unless there's been a recent local thing of 'boys peeping into girls bathrooms' but even then it's not as if you'd be fully changing there anyways or if there'd be like peeking over the stalls (tho it shouldn't be an issue, urinals for males aside, with some place's bathrooms having like it fully sealed off where you couldn't see under the stall next to you or so)
ty thats what I figured but she’s a senior in high school so i would have expected her to already have some national id of some sort.
maybe you only get id cards after high school in korea idk

Dex-chan lover
ty thats what I figured but she’s a senior in high school so i would have expected her to already have some national id of some sort.
maybe you only get id cards after high school in korea idk
yeah i wouldn't be surprised if the drinking age was younger in korea, but most high schoolers prolly wouldn't focus on getting an id/in a rush/in 'need' of it yet (although i'm sure if someone wanted to you could fake it but idk how strict the law is on that kinda thing), and even if you had a passport/birth certificate i imagine one wouldn't rly keep that on them at all time outside of like actually leaving the country or filling out some official documents

Users who are viewing this thread