Hikizan Tautology - Ch. 53 - The Particulars of Her Lot

Dex-chan lover
the fallout when minamo learns himawari and yurika fucked is going to be crazy i am so fucking ready

Dex-chan lover
......We've had days just like that back in high school. Where your parents yell at you and you spend the whole day on the brink of a panic attack, desperate for someone to be there for you, but unable to really engage with them so you retreat inwards and push everyone away. Awful days.

Dex-chan lover
The annoying part of this story is that it is doing way too many plot points at one time without finding one of the plots and giving a proper stop to it before moving onto the next plot point. All of these are well written but how it's handled makes it feel like WAY too much is going on and it's VERY hard to follow, or really give a shit about any of the characters. We have a good 2 or 3 plot points and things that need to be clarified that have just been seemingly forgotten about for the next story beat for another character.

Dex-chan lover
This whole story really just went hurtling downhill fast and has no intentions of becoming better again huh, it’s just a shame honestly, it used to be so good
Don't mix up main story with some random drama intermission. It will end soon enough. One way or another

Dex-chan lover
Don't mix up main story with some random drama intermission. It will end soon enough. One way or another
I mean yeah hopefully, but it’s just boring that the author decided that the weird side character who’s just a bad person needed a random arc dedicated to her instead of just continuing the main story which was good

Dex-chan lover
The annoying part of this story is that it is doing way too many plot points at one time without finding one of the plots and giving a proper stop to it before moving onto the next plot point. All of these are well written but how it's handled makes it feel like WAY too much is going on and it's VERY hard to follow, or really give a shit about any of the characters. We have a good 2 or 3 plot points and things that need to be clarified that have just been seemingly forgotten about for the next story beat for another character.
Well I think it's kind of written like that on purpose right? Minamos life is kind of just chaotic and hard to deal with and she's constantly dealing w the problems of people she shouldn't have time for and it's a big part of why everything is so hard for her

Dex-chan lover
Yay it's back! :glee:

Also I'm excited to see how this develops, I'm sure Minamo of all people knows exactly what Himawari is going through, I hope she can help her
Just wait till she finds out that Himawari had sex with Yurika just recently at School…

Dex-chan lover
I'm not the best fan of drama, but I'm interested by what the story is doing.
I think that the story represents well the state of himawari.

Well I think it's kind of written like that on purpose right? Minamos life is kind of just chaotic and hard to deal with and she's constantly dealing w the problems of people she shouldn't have time for and it's a big part of why everything is so hard for her
Yep. And real life is the same, often there are a lot going at the same time. (Wasn't there an expression like "When it rains, it pours" ?)

Dex-chan lover
Caught up. Thanks for the chapters!

I still don't think they fucked but the kiss was still incredibly toxic. I don't think Yurika is bad at all. Himawari is obviously controlling. Yurika cares about her dearly but knows Himawari is a fucked up girl who needs her. It's not a great situation but Minamo being the precious bean she is, is here to help! This is super interesting but maybe a bit too many layers going on but I'm invested. once Himawari finds out about Minamo's connection to Yonaga it's gonna be a mess. And who knows what the fallout from the kiss will be...if Himawari or Yurika admit it.

Dex-chan lover
That would be cool if we didn't start a problem she created between two of the main characters and then moved on from it like it was resolved to then get into another girl's story revolved around her father's embezzlement and then going back to her story seemingly forgetting about what she did and then going into a deep dive into her character that we should've had a long time ago. It's hard to care about these characters when we're getting quick spark notes of things they're doing without properly resolving and letting things marinate, you're just making excuses for poorly handled plot points that are actually handled well and written well on a surface level but due to their placement and quickness come off as just trying to fit as many things into a section as possible making it effectively illegible. I do not care about these two other characters at all and only care about the main characters purely because of how the story is being handled.
Edit: Someone put it in an interesting way. There are too many layers in this story happening all at once which is completely true.

Fed-Kun's army
I dont really think Yurika and Hima actually had sex back then like some posts suggested but i guess that's just me being hopeful, if it gets mentioned then Yurika doesnt really look like a good partner to be with for Minamo, just hoping for a flashback to that scene.

Last edited:
Caught up on this chapter, and I actually really like this arc. The stuff earlier in the story setting up Himawari got my attention, so it's been nice finally finding out what her deal is. And I'm really enjoying the way the arc is playing out. It's doing the thing where a new character shows up who's spiraling read bad, and unable to pull up just starts trying to drag others down with her, obviously. But this time the characters are close enough and mature enough that they can just, see that that's what Himawari is doing, and instead of devolving into a bunch of drama they're able to just talk to eachother about it, and try to figure out if they can help her.

Even if things are tense and the mood is bad, I find this arc kinda heartwarming, it really shows how close the characters have gotten and how much they've grown. Especially Minamo, Himawari is a pretty intimidating person alternately trying to push her around or push everyone away, and Minamo's not just holding out against her but actively trying to push through her bullshit so she can help with whatever her actual problem is. There's no way Minamo would've been able to do that at the start of this story.

Users who are viewing this thread