Hime-chan wa Omoi Onna - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Hime-chan Is a Needy Woman

Dex-chan lover
Yuri is just about relationships between women, though. A lot of yuri does have fluff, but that’s mainly the shoujo ones; josei yuri is often very angsty and when it does have fluff it’s usually only at the beginning and/or end, so I think it’s a bit early to say it doesn’t have fluff
Then we MAY have josei yuri here, but it's still a wait and see

Group Leader
Then we MAY have josei yuri here, but it's still a wait and see
Actually I struggled on this aspect when making the mangadex page.

On comic fuz and Pixiv this is labeled as "for women" for the demographics. Most sites use that term for women of all ages, so you can't determine shoujo/josei from that alone, however I do think this is more geared towards an adult audience after having read all of it. None of the chapters are shoujo-like and neither is the art.

However, neither of those label it GL, just romance (admittedly I think it might be because it features couples of every sexuality, even if the main one is a pair of lesbians).

But all retail websites do label it GL/yuri, so for all intents and purposes that's how it's being sold as, thus I leaned towards adding the tag in the end.

So, as far as I'm concerned, this is indeed a josei yuri.

Ah yes, the beautiful friendship between yandere clingy lesbian and yandere clingy gay. Good luck to their respective gf and bf(s?)

Also, what's up with some of the comments acting like woman who have short hair and not wearing a dress are like some sort of alien species never seen before? It's such an unexpectedly silly and backward thing to said in 2024 that it's actually kinda funny

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the beautiful friendship between yandere clingy lesbian and yandere clingy gay. Good luck to their respective gf and bf(s?)

Also, what's up with some of the comments acting like woman who have short hair and not wearing a dress are like some sort of alien species never seen before? It's such an unexpectedly silly and backward thing to said in 2024 that it's actually kinda funny
Depends on why they're reading, I guess. Not surprising though.

i can't believe i was literally despairing today at how it's been 3 years since the release of the first volume with no translations only to stumble upon this. like the universe is smiling down upon me. a warm menhara embrace :win:

I've loved this manga for some time and was surprised that it hadn't been translated yet, so I'm grateful that you've started doing so! I think it touches on some really important things that you don't see often, so I'm excited to see how far you decide to continue. Also, I just wanted to note, I think this manga has 90 chapters (and 8 mini ones) rather than 88? But it's possible I'm misunderstanding something about how the chapters are formatted.

And if anyone reading is curious about Hajime (Himeno's friend), he has his own ongoing spinoff called "Yotsuya-kun to Hajime-kun", though it also isn't translated or on MangaDex yet unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread