Hina no Mama ja Dame desu ka? - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Can't I stay like this forever?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks! Wonder if we'll see perspective from other kids/parents

Oof staying in denial won't help, idk how 'effective' pads/napkins in japan are but i half-expected her to have a super heavy flow this chapter or something so painful that she wouldn't be able to move (i know some ppl in Japan are excused from PE when they're on their period, but i don't know if anyone ever was able to do that in western schools, tho i guess most coaches were male and a lot of teen girls wouldn't tell them that, even if technically exercise is good for cramps [but i prolly still wouldn't do more than a light walk versus a 'proper' workout]), nice that they were able to talk it out

(tho if anything, 'shame' aside, i think my cheapskateness would've overpowered it to where i'd have my dad just get it from the grocery store while i kept my pocket money for things i wanted versus toiletries other than like skincare prodcuts lol, tho my mom always just bough the products since i didn't care/wasn't picky, one time i bought something myself b/c mom mentioned procrastinating and ended up way too oversized to where it was practically a diaper/was more effective to just cut it in half instead)

LOL what kinda cafes have free breakfasts [tho student discounts aside i wouldn't be surprised if some places took pity on salary men and offered like a once a week deal], that just sounds like a good deal to me

Page 8, bath should be 'bathe' (i guess it's part of the culture but even before i hit puberty i wouldn't have wanted to share a bath with parents/anyone in my family see me naked) XD

Tho i feel like there being a 'psych' tag would be more fitting than the comedy tag but that's just me

Group Leader
I liked the resolution in this chapter a lot, but I really wish the manga didn't have to end next chapter so this conflict could have been fleshed out over a couple chapters instead of having to rush the dialogue like this. Still, considering the constraints, I'm glad Hina got to where she is and can accept she won't become a different person for having a period.

Dex-chan lover
Jeez, I actually teared up on this one. Pretty weird considering I'm not a girl and didn't really live with my dad growing up.

It's a good-ass manga, that's all I know.

One chapter left. We getting another romance manga with zero romance?
I mean, if there is a manga where romance just kind of doesn't fit, it is this one.

At the end of the day, this is about elementary school kids growing up through puberty, romance is just not something that is in their minds in a serious way. In a way, I'm kind of glad that romance didn't get a focus, because this is not the right place for it.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, if there is a manga where romance just kind of doesn't fit, it is this one.

At the end of the day, this is about elementary school kids growing up through puberty, romance is just not something that is in their minds in a serious way. In a way, I'm kind of glad that romance didn't get a focus, because this is not the right place for it.
Daichi being willing to help her with all this stuff is romance enough and then some, for this story. Because you can see already how things will play out for them in the future.

Group Leader

I'm like 80% sure the author intended for this to have romance but was cut short to fit it in so they instead pivoted to concluding Hina's main plot point.

You'll see more of it in the last chapter but there were obvious hints and setups for Daichi and Hina to start forming a romantic relationship. I mean, we even had an entire love triangle drama that could have expanded way more into what love means at their age and stuff like that.

Instead after the festival the author just kinda went "well guess I gotta wrap it up" and swept everything under the rug.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
being a single dad its tough if child is a girl, its supposed if talk with mother but yeaa feels difficult
and for daichi talking its noice :v

Dex-chan lover
I liked the resolution in this chapter a lot, but I really wish the manga didn't have to end next chapter so this conflict could have been fleshed out over a couple chapters instead of having to rush the dialogue like this. Still, considering the constraints, I'm glad Hina got to where she is and can accept she won't become a different person for having a period.
childhood flies by fast but i'm sure for the parents them growing up feels a bit slower than teenagers experiencing school year by year ( i guess it depends on how busy their days are) but plenty of more chances for there to be 'missteps'/mistakes in their relationships and working through it versus something so 'unforgivable' that someone would wanna run away/cut off contact (it might be overdone/distasteful if not done 'properly' but i can totally imagine maybe there being an arc where one of hina's friends was secretly being abused or so and they have to navigate through that too)

There's this thing called puberty and PMS...
at least it's not like "the monster in my womb" (tho that's fascinating in the psych horror way), girl gets her period then and basically murders her teacher (or severely injures to where they're not in the picture for a while) and basically "wants to see the world burn" mode tho the plot of that sounds like it's some B-movie where "Girl gets period, goes on rampage"/something that would've been some crappy 80s standup joke punchline lol

Dex-chan lover
You know what, this could be a series by itself.
A father struggling to connect with his growing daughter into puberty.

Users who are viewing this thread