Hitomi-chan wa Hitomishiri - Vol. 2 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
I strongly feel her pain.

Signed, third week of stuffed sinuses and itchy face.

Double-page supporter
I've never been able to use eye drops successfully. Not even once.

Dex-chan lover
I struggled with particularly bad seasonal allergies for years. I even went through tests to determine what plants I was allergic to, to identify treatment options. It turned out it was pretty much all trees and grasses, and ragweed in particular.
Then I moved out of my parents' house and I all but stopped having symptoms, unless I eat raw vegetables. Turns out while I really was allergic to plants in general, it was the cats that did most of it. Now I have to choose between not being able to live with a cat, or going back to that state. It's a brutal decision.

@SoloSera
It's deliberate. Pharma companies design the nozzles to make the droplets too large for the dose and to fall unpredictably. There have been more effective ones patented that are just as cheap to manufacture, but it's less profitable.

@anon763 "I struggled with particularly bad seasonal allergies for years. I even went through tests to determine what plants I was allergic to, to identify treatment options. It turned out it was pretty much all trees and grasses, and ragweed in particular.
Then I moved out of my parents' house and I all but stopped having symptoms, unless I eat raw vegetables. Turns out while I really was allergic to plants in general, it was the cats that did most of it. Now I have to choose between not being able to live with a cat, or going back to that state. It's a brutal decision.

Once you're attached to the pet, it's worth tolerating the allergy, most pets only live a fraction to our lifespan, but they provide a bond worth the price.

re: anon763 to @SoloSera "It's deliberate. Pharma companies design the nozzles to make the droplets too large for the dose and to fall unpredictably. There have been more effective ones patented that are just as cheap to manufacture, but it's less profitable."

The only people that seems to be able to use them (at least from what I've noticed) are people who have to use them continuously over a period of time. I've never seen the more effective ones but I simply buy from one of those dollar type stores and don't worry about using too much.

Group Leader
Do they not have something like Reactine (or whatever Cetirizine is marketed as there) in Japan? Sure, the 24h period is BS and at best it’ll only relieve symptoms for 8-10 hours, but that’s still enough that just two doses per day is all you need.

Group Leader
Well, her mouth is kinda scary.
At least he wasn't mistaken for a big breasted webcam model like happened in Tawawa.

Dex-chan lover
One time I got a pollen in my nose and I literally died.

Allergies are no joke. Don't end up dead like me.

@Guspaz Keep in mind the context that over a 1/3 of the country's populace is pretty severely allergic to the pollen of the Japanese Cedar tree. Those things produce max pollen at around 30 years of age, and massive quantities of them were planted during the post-war reconstruction as a lumber source. But over the years cheaper imported lumber resulted in the trees being used less and less as the main source of wood, and increased urbanization meant more pollen accumulating onto asphalt instead of top soil, ready to be blown in the wind as thick clouds. So 30-40 years later the country was suddenly hit with an explosion of severe and miserable hay fever- as a result they have a 'season' for it like they do cherry blossoms, and have pollen density forecasts right along with the rain predictions in the weather reports.

That being said they already do have tons of pollen countermeasures on their market, it's a massive industry when you think about it since they even market "low pollen" vacations at travel agencies- heck that was the point of the chapter: Hitomi buys eyedrops to deal with it.

Dex-chan lover
dog is seriously going to town on his leg....

also, male mc looks less and less like a fucking genetic nightmare with each chapter

Fed-Kun's army
Fun Fact: As mentioned in an earlier comment, the squeezer for the eye drops is intentionally designed to waste the saline fluid. It dispenses too much fluid, causing you to waste quite a bit.

Why, you may ask? It’s very cheap to produce the saline, so making you waste more and then come back to buy more is a good business strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread