Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku - Ch. 217 - What I Need to Do

Dex-chan lover
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Anime announced btw https://bocchi-kouryaku.com/ , though based on what they used for the teaser, likely gonna be based off the manga rather than the LN, tho i don't see them adapting from something that is like 90% gibberish monologues on how insane he is in any case lol (aside the rated content)

Was surprised to see this announced too. It's now another one of those 'mass-isekai' LN being adapted to anime, the other one being more like Arifureta but instead he had only Paralyze and Poison as his skills but managed to conquer the hardest dungeon.

I understand why it might be adapted from the manga, aside from the art being 'anime-ready' they probably found it easier because it has a 'condensed' version of the MC's insanity compared to the source material.

Dex-chan lover
Was surprised to see this announced too. It's now another one of those 'mass-isekai' LN being adapted to anime, the other one being more like Arifureta but instead he had only Paralyze and Poison as his skills but managed to conquer the hardest dungeon.

I understand why it might be adapted from the manga, aside from the art being 'anime-ready' they probably found it easier because it has a 'condensed' version of the MC's insanity compared to the source material.
Yep, both are works from the same publisher, overlap, which been pushing works for anime lately aside Arifureta, the other is Failure Frame as how it was licensed in english, at least that one got an actual PV lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"He who chases two hares will catch neither? Agree to disagree! Loners can catch both!"
- MC, while enacting a plan that requires him to take care of it not alone, using trust/relationships he's fostered by not being a loner.

Double-page supporter
huh...? so if he does go to the church nation, it will be a trap. SHE NEEDS TO TELL EM NOW

Dex-chan lover
"The information got leaked." smiles definitely a harold reaction. :haa:

Contributor
For what i hear this manga adaption is watered down compared to the webnovel/light novel. Well, hope they use at least the light novel as a source for the anime.

Dex-chan lover
girl, i know you don't want to bother a friendship moment, but isn't that much more urgent ?

Dex-chan lover
For what i hear this manga adaption is watered down compared to the webnovel/light novel. Well, hope they use at least the light novel as a source for the anime.
I don't think watered down is a correct way to refer to this, manga is just a different way of telling the story, manga focused more on the adventuring and comedy aspect, while the LN and WN most of it just mc gibberish internal monologues on how much mental issues he have with the rest being told with an unreliable narrator, with the add on having sexual content

If they have to pick one, pretty sure they are going to go with the manga because is easier to do, it have the comedy, the action and character growth for the rest of the cast and mc behave rather like a more normal person, rather than adapting from something that is barely readable and understandable in the pov of someone with mental disability (LN is pretty well known for that within the japanese, even within the english side since is licensed)

I like the LN better to some degree, but i accepted that the manga improved on alot of aspects to the original and is doing it a huge favor on readability

Last edited:
Contributor
I don't think watered down is a correct way to refer to this, manga is just a different way of telling the story, manga focused more on the adventuring and comedy aspect, while the LN and WN most of it just mc gibberish internal monologues on how much mental issues he have with the rest being told with an unreliable narrator, with the add on having sexual content

If they have to pick one, pretty sure they are going to go with the manga because is easier to do, it have the comedy, the action and character growth for the rest of the cast, rather than adapting from something that is barely readable and understandable (LN is pretty well known for that within the japanese, even within the english side since is licensed)
Well, as you described it, removing monologues and sex content is watering down content, is almost a completely different work, maybe for the better? At least they can leave in the sex scenes. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well, as you described it, removing monologues and sex content is watering down content, is almost a completely different work, maybe for the better? At least they can leave in the sex scenes. :sneaky:
Internal monologues can be fine, as long as is not most of the content and are legible, but that isn't the case in the LN at all and thats something that the manga improved alot imo, there is still some here, but doesn't take most of the work like they do in the LN aside that mc behave like somewhat normal person

As for the sexual content, until this point not like there is anything explicit in the LN or WN other than knowing mc banged offscreen, how much it will affect the story later on when the missing stuff come into play, we will see, but even if they were here, no one would be seeing any tits anyway

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
9JljFDb.png

ya know.... that might be important.
also yay anime

Users who are viewing this thread