Hogushite, Yui-san - Ch. 39

Supporter
I fully believe that the author would’ve had the main couple “platonically” apply for a domestic partnership to further “reduce stress” if there was time for it
That does sound like this manga's speed. But we were just starting to move into actual romance with Kawa overhearing Yui say she loves her. Unfortunate timing for the axe to fall.

Dex-chan lover
That does sound like this manga's speed. But we were just starting to move into actual romance with Kawa overhearing Yui say she loves her. Unfortunate timing for the axe to fall.
Well that's what can happen when you take 36 chapters to get to basic romance stuff. Really undermines the series but it was an avoidable situation even with the axe. Definitely unfortunate though.

And with chapters this short, I can't imagine the next chapter handles this love revelation well at all. Seems like most of it will be about work and her being sick. It also retroactively makes me like all those chapters about their friends' unrequited love even less. Would have rathered we focused on the main couple more instead.

Last edited:
Supporter
Well that's what can happen when you take 36 chapters to get to basic romance stuff. Really undermines the series but it was an avoidable situation even with the axe. Definitely unfortunate though.

And with chapters this short, I can't imagine the next chapter handles this love revelation well at all. Seems like most of it will be about work and her being sick. It also retroactively makes me like all those chapters about their friends' unrequited love even less. Would have rathered we focused on the main couple more instead.
I recall most of the comments were already pretty negative towards thos unrequited love chapters. But yeah, now that we know the manga is ending this way, all of that stuff feels like an awful waste of page space.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah you know how everyone was annoyed and complaining about how it spent so long on anything but the main romance? Not surprised at the axe after that. This one fell off pretty hard from the start, it should have stuck to the comfy office romance format it had going. C'est la vie, everyone loses in the end :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Sad that it is getting the axe but not surprised considering how the manga's been for a while.
Author dropped the ball hard, should've given Asaka her own girl instead of making her this third wheel.

Dex-chan lover
Well shit...

The axe has fallen. I wish i could say I waa shocked, but this story was stuck in quicksand for ages, so it just wasnt meant to be.

Still kinda liked it despite it all, rip unc

Users who are viewing this thread