Homework of the Heart - Ch. 44

I interpreted it as Yi Gyung treating Ho Seon like a kid....I think it's because she doesn't see him as a man that she's being so touchy (and maybe that's also why Ho Seon is angry). Sometimes you just want to hug cute things/people????

Edit: To elaborate, I think Ho Seon has a complex about his appearance and being treated like he's a child. He still acts like he's going through puberty, but he probably doesn't like not being taken seriously. I mean, if I had to choose an age to be stuck as forever, I'd choose an age between 25-30 y/o. Being in your teens forever sounds like absolute hell.

Group Leader
@eincastiello I wonder whether it was because she thought about how her happiness diminishes with age and wanted to recapture her youth by hanging out with the Forever Young child...

@nandemonaiya I'm thinking pretty much the same, too.

Plus, wasn't Yi Gyung just complaining about how she couldn't imagine her team leader, a guy in his 30s/40s, breakdancing in the middle of a department store? How, somehow, that could be seen as embarrassing? "Look at this old man doing something random and youthful like that..."

And then there's the actual 30 year old trapped in a teenager body, who still looks "cute". I mean, Yi Gyung, read the room, Ho Seon doesn't find it "endearing" being a physical teenager when he wants to be treated as a "man".

I feel like we should cut her some slack, how long has it been since she found everything out? And let's be honest, his appearance is not the only problem, his attitude is the main one. He wants to be seen as a man, yet he behaves like a kid. Even in this situation, he could've said her that it hurts him that she sees him that way. But what do we see? His typical behavior from the first chapters, he hasn't changed, and it's been years.
I thought that he would've become more mature through the series, but he's still the same.
She is wrong to treat him like a kid, but she's still overwhelmed by the whole situation, even if she knows he's not the same, she can't accept it right away. And he is of all people should understand that, bc he's gone through even more serious experience.

Users who are viewing this thread