Honobono Isekai Tensei Days ~Level Counterstop, Item Mochikoshi! Watashi wa Saikyou Youjo Desu~ - Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
I won't ever claim to have the best memory, heck, I won't even claim to have a good memory, but "pedo stuff?"
Debt slavery, kidnapping and selling kids I vaguely remember, but not that last one.

Also, if it's "medieval fantasy" it would be extremely unusual to not have medieval concepts somewhere in the background... or foreground... That, alone, doesn't discount "fluff", comedy, or "fluff comedy".
first there is the guiardian who has a nosebleed every second our protag does anything, (read, watched enough manga anime where nosebleed=ecchi)
Second there is the implication of selling children to do what...
Third that pompus noble just had a monolog about marrying a 4yo and making offspirngs in a "medieval fantasy"

Yeah i know its all just overthinking but if you write fluf stay fluf if you go with themes like these then be brave enough to kill not just comedy cat punch a literal human scum to the stars. (theme mixing sometimes wierd me out)

Dex-chan lover
first there is the guiardian who has a nosebleed every second our protag does anything, (read, watched enough manga anime where nosebleed=ecchi)
Second there is the implication of selling children to do what...
Third that pompus noble just had a monolog about marrying a 4yo and making offspirngs in a "medieval fantasy"

Yeah i know its all just overthinking but if you write fluf stay fluf if you go with themes like these then be brave enough to kill not just comedy cat punch a literal human scum to the stars. (theme mixing sometimes wierd me out)
Before I forget, I must edit this: I, in no way, am trying to tell you that you are "wrong". I'm trying to add other perspective, and additional information that you may not know.
You are not wrong, you might not have considered (or known)...

Yes, the standard trope is that nosebleed == sexual desire, but the more technical or literal interpretation of it is simple excitement... Ok, so "simple" here doesn't mean quantity or quality, but to remove the "sexual" aspect of it. If someone gets too excited for any reason they (can) get a nosebleed, it isn't required for it to be sexually oriented.
That doesn't mean it isn't in this case, there are other indicators than the nosebleed...

The pompous Noble's monologue about making babies with her did not require for said "baby making" to be immediate. More likely intended for her to be held captive until she was physically capable of producing children, then forcing the act on her. Now, I will quickly concede that this, taken literally, and by modern law, would still constitute pedophilia as this would be before she turned 18 (or even the age of consent in [insert State/country here]); however I must also point out that such laws have changed drastically since the medieval era. Where once humans were considered adults at the first sign of puberty, now it is based on something nebulous such as number of years on the planet (personally I think we should use when the human brain is said to stop maturing, which was around 26, around 6 years ago... I'm not going to look it up right now).

As to what people do to children they bought... I won't even try to argue here. There is a good chance you are correct for a large enough percentage... But that's not the only reason they would do such a thing. I will remind you that most countries that have adoption options required payment for the "transfer of 'responsibility'" (a.k.a. ownership); and I have to seriously resist the urge to potentially lose everything I have written by switching tabs on a phone (which can unload and refresh the tab) to check if a person putting a child up for adoption has to pay...
Additionally children have been utilized within the "workforce" until only recently in human history, the "medieval" era is no exception.

Now, I really DON'T disagree with you that they should commit to absolutely removing various scum. But in a practical sense, I very much doubt anyone who receives a "punch" with enough force to break stone or turn them into a "star" is getting back up from it. They may not have committed to showing or literally telling that they are dead, but even in a video game the "fall damage" alone would be enough to outright kill him.

Finally, and I am honestly sorry for the walls of text, I just want to point out that I was originally trying to say that if someone decides to place their fiction within a setting, they should try to remain somewhere within the setting they chose. This is clearly a medieval fantasy RPG setting without any clear science fiction added. Any modern contrivances added are due to the "game" factor. If they don't want it medieval, they shouldn't make it medieval, but "modern" with castles and swords. This has been done, numerous times, so clearly it can be. But if it is going to be "medieval" then any and all aspects of medieval life are available to the plot, including things unthinkable in today's world.

And there is nothing wrong with adding "fluff" on top of that. Be it to lighten the mood, add a ray of light to an otherwise dark world, or as a main theme. Plenty of "children's" shows (cartoons included) had dark or mature things in them. I won't make this any longer, but if you wish, I can list some Western (or Japanese) examples.

Dex-chan lover
So, the elves are essentially idol-fans, eh?
Now that is a refreshing take from the usual ones.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapters.

Its getting wierd how everybody is fluff comedy in love with the protag while at the background we have debt slavery, kidnapping, selling kids and pedo stuff :sick:
That is unproductive way to live.

If you are being bother that much, you also need to remember any stuff you use was made from utilizing slave labor.

I am not saying you are bad, but there are time and place for serious political talks. For now you are in manga site, enjoy any fun you can get.

Dex-chan lover
IVvdrXC.jpg

Dex-chan lover
That is unproductive way to live.

If you are being bother that much, you also need to remember any stuff you use was made from utilizing slave labor.

I am not saying you are bad, but there are time and place for serious political talks. For now you are in manga site, enjoy any fun you can get.
I replied to the same person, saying similar things.
However I disagree with your spoiler point. You can say "historically", you can say "from certain countries", you can classify a category of things, and be accurate.
You can't say "any" and have "any" semblance of accuracy.
No, not all countries utilize "pure" slave labor. No, not all corporations utilize labor from countries that do utilize slave labor. And, no, not all labor is "slave labor".
Certainly, in the modern world there is still slavery, even under one of it's more "remote" definitions: indentured labor, wage slavery, etc. it isn't unreasonable to argue that slavery still exists even within countries that outlawed it (such as the US). It also isn't unreasonable to point at things that still exist in the modern day that were produced via (even if only in part) by slave labor, and claim that we still use it.
However to claim that "any stuff" used was "made utilizing slave labor" is critically false. Even if you attempt to argue that if any part of any "thing" was "touched" by anything that could be "considered" slave labor, was therefore made from utilizing slave labor I would hazard a guess that very few people would agree with you, including those directly (or whose ancestors were directly) effected by slavery. More likely they would accuse you of demeaning what they (or their ancestors) went through.

An example of the above argument would be if slave labor was used in the mining of an ore, anything utilizing that ore would have been made "utilizing slave labor", even if there are hundreds of steps after getting said ore.

Finally, I am sorry, but I also disagree on your final point, even entertained sites, such as this one, are open to serious political discussions. Especially if the manga being commented on raises that point. (Honestly, on the flip side, if the manga is clearly made for children or younger, and the discussion has absolutely nothing to do with the manga, chapter or things brought up in the chapter being commented on, I 100% agree with you. This, in particular, is borderline. Their comment is clearly from contents of the manga, so it passes.)

Double-page supporter
So, the elves are all female or what. I don't think I've seen any males before.

Dex-chan lover
So, the elves are all female or what. I don't think I've seen any males before.
If they are all female then they reproduce asexually. The queen even merely falling in love with a human was seen as taboo, much more so for having a child. They may fan and fawn over her child, but that doesn't mean they approve of her father.
Therefore they are unlikely to breed with other races, which means if there are no males, they reproduce asexually.

On the flip side, the males may be drawn so androgenous that they can't be distinguished from females with smaller chests. (If we didn't have plenty of examples of busty females I would say the opposite could be true, androgenous females, but that clearly isn't the case.)

Double-page supporter
Okay! ill say it! She spent so long as a beastkin that without her having the puffy cat paws and ears, her elf appearance looks weird to me now.

15b.png

Users who are viewing this thread