Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 3-bu 「Ryouchi ni Hon o Hirogeyou!」 - Vol. 5 Ch. 28 - About The Town O…

Dex-chan lover
oh? will she finally realize? nah, she is too much of a dimwit
eGIk5w0.png

Fed-Kun's army
Nice, the translation quality has improved since last time, IMO.
Thanks for scanslating!

Page 23: The Hassle project -> the Hasse project

Fed-Kun's army
Does anyone remember the chapter that she first summoned the panda car?

Dex-chan lover
Did she forgot that she can use her attendants for confort?

Dex-chan lover
Did she forgot that she can use her attendants for confort?
She actually can’t. She’s not allowed to show them any affection when her guards are around. She can’t even pat gil on the head unless they’re in her secret room

Dex-chan lover
Love that the chapters are coming out just as I’m reading this section of the LN lol

very excited for what comes next

Dex-chan lover
I think it pretty evident that Myne is aware of the consequences regarding the villagers' involvement with the mayor's scheme but is unwilling to act because she is too "soft" and can't stand the idea of being the one responsible for someone's death even if they are a criminal.

While most people are less empathetic about it, in that they would immediately condemn him to death without a second thought, for someone like Myne from the peaceful modern era it weighs more heavily on her mind and gives her a guilty conscious.

Case in point with what Benno brought up, in that the Head Priest has given Myne a lot of leeway about how she will go about solving the situation instead of defaulting to severely punishing everyone involved without discrimination as per regular Noble circumstances to uphold their honor. He instead offered her a method/suggestion where only the mayor would be brought down through a scheme, but it overall doesn't fix the problem with how the people of Hasse view the orphanage and the orphans.

Dex-chan lover
For a moment It looks like a horror manga, such strong emotions Myne is dealing with

Dex-chan lover
She actually can’t. She’s not allowed to show them any affection when her guards are around. She can’t even pat gil on the head unless they’re in her secret room
Weird because I remember that the male priests use their attendants as confort, with the whole "offering flowers" bit at the start.
She doesn't have to show affection just have then as a dakimakura or something.

Dex-chan lover
Weird because I remember that the male priests use their attendants as confort, with the whole "offering flowers" bit at the start.
She doesn't have to show affection just have then as a dakimakura or something.
Flowering offering is…not necessarily illegal but highly frowned upon

in fact, Fran’s last master was basically banished from noble society for laying with a gray priest, at which point she k*lled herself.

she was also a monster so dont Feel too bad about it.

Dex-chan lover
Flowering offering is…not necessarily illegal but highly frowned upon

in fact, Fran’s last master was basically banished from noble society for laying with a gray priest, at which point she k*lled herself.

she was also a monster so dont Feel too bad about it.
Sure, with the way they were talking it was like everyone knew about it and just didn't care (especially with how the old head temple did things) which led me to think the problem was not laying a hand on a grey priest but that she was a woman that did it. Since Maine was not going to be "sleeping" with them I though it would not be that big of a problem.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, with the way they were talking it was like everyone knew about it and just didn't care (especially with how the old head temple did things) which led me to think the problem was not laying a hand on a grey priest but that she was a woman that did it. Since Maine was not going to be "sleeping" with them I though it would not be that big of a problem.
There’s a big difference between priests and nobles. Priests are basically nobles who’ve been disinherited and don’t have to live to the same standards so their behavior is much looser. Actual nobles must be basically perfect at all times and can’t really show emotions, especially to orphans (who are viewed as literal garbage by nobles). I’m not saying that giving Gil head pats would get her disinherited but it’d look bad and it’d raise questions about whether Maine was actually a noble.

Dex-chan lover
oh? will she finally realize? nah, she is too much of a dimwit.

Not a dimwit... A typical japanese otaku that is thrown into a world with vastly different culture and morality.

Or rather.. Dismissive of the fact that quite a lot of this world runs along the way things were done during the Shogunate. Even though, as a bookworm, she really should know better...
And those times were brutal for those that went against the grain. Plenty of bloodshed and atrocities in Europe, but not a patch on what went on in Asia, especially in such stratified "unified" nations as China and Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread