Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
am i jaded or was this a ridiculous amount of filler, like why do we need some random backstory for raika working at a random shop and picking up a lot of shifts? this started out strong but feels like author is like fumbling with filler to give them time to think of more story

Dex-chan lover
am i jaded or was this a ridiculous amount of filler, like why do we need some random backstory for raika working at a random shop and picking up a lot of shifts? this started out strong but feels like author is like fumbling with filler to give them time to think of more story

I think that part was to establish that Raika isn't a bad person? Like to reassure the reader despite what happens later on and what Sunao thinks.

Dex-chan lover
I think that part was to establish that Raika isn't a bad person?
It gave me "she exerts a great deal of effort to project a certain kind of image of herself, while actually being quite secretive" vibes. But I agree that that part had a purpose, and the fact that the purpose haven't been made clear yet is in no way indicative of it being a filler

Dex-chan lover
magicvaswe.png

holy moly sign me up

Fed-Kun's army
Could it be that Raika is into Lemon, and Sunao is a loophole that would let her "date" Lemon?
This makes too much sense, I can totally see this being the way the story develops if we considered that:

1. It started with showing us her first tailing lemon
2. Her nervousness (voice cracking) when she saw lemon
3. The whole foreshadow with the president talk of outward looking pretty girls being shady AF
4. The other theory of here being the one who originally gave Lemon the idea to fake having three extra boyfriends (perhaps as a scheme to get Lemon to be single again)
5. And the most damming, here wanting to meet Sunao exactly the days that he is possessed by Lemon

Probably her plan was to start dating Sunoa and feign ignorance of their body swapping condition, while trying to only meet with Sunao the days that he is possessed by Lemon.

I wonder how all of this is going to be resolved

Users who are viewing this thread