Hoshi Tsukai Selena - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - What we want to protect

Dex-chan lover
Bear with me while I collect my socks...

Though typically drawn to more scabrous fare, I love everything about this series. The art & design put me in an instant eyeball trance, and by the time I got my brain degoggled, story and characters had set the hook. As a longtime fan, it's lowkey thrilling to see LEN[A-7] ascend so confidently to a new level. And not, as is common for artists trying to escape Prison Planet Ecchi, by offering a domesticated echo of her R18 work [1]. Selena the Star Druidas (Druidess?) breaks quite dramatically with that past, trading the grown-up wit and frankness of Lena's best doujinshi [2] for wide-eyed innocence and playful imagination, resulting in a fantasy adventure not too far removed from Studio Trigger's Little Witch Academia.

Shit got me high is what I'm saying, but the drop came brutal when it hit. Turns out Monkey Bussines, ignoring the enthusiasm I would manifest only seven months later, ditched this project in early February. They claimed at the time to have received credible visions of "an official translation for various countries." But here in mid-August, marooned on the far shore of Volume 1, I see little cause for hope. Selena wrapped after only 17 issues, and hardly a ripple now marks its passing. With less than 2k MD followers, the remaining chapters will probably go untranslated for years.

So I shouldn't complain. I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the frustration. Half tempted to feed chapter five to a smartbot, though. Just to see what comes out the back. I hear they're better than people. And everybody loves terrible amateur machine translations, right? Left-justified purple & green text dropped at random onto big, square whiteout boxes in Paint?

Hell yes 😎
‎ㅤ
1 e.g. 2020's Love Score
2 e.g. #263076, #266101

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread