Hotel Metsäpeura e Youkoso - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - A Guest from a Farm

Dex-chan lover
omg :( poor dog! but im happy to see Jun taking care of the dog! thanks for the update 💖

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, a trigger warning. The kind of thing that does the exact opposite of what it's intended for by applying significantly more distress than the thing being warned about could ever do itself.
"Oh god this dog is going to die, everything's being set up to twist that knife." Get to the pages warned about, it's a big fat load of nothing.

Group Leader
The content warning is for people who may have had some trauma in the past regarding animal deaths, or perhaps have had a pet die recently. If you do not require the warning, good! I'm glad you don't have issues with this subject.

Dex-chan lover
The content warning is for people who may have had some trauma in the past regarding animal deaths, or perhaps have had a pet die recently. If you do not require the warning, good! I'm glad you don't have issues with this subject.
There were two entire chapters dedicated to suicide and included a murder flashback that somehow didn't warrant a warning. There was a chapter with a woman grieving her dead husband, no warning needed. OH and the flashback child abuse that comes up in the ghost chapter? No. Warning.
And yet, one flashback panel of a dead puppy does get it? Not to mention it's a warning that leads you to believe this whole chapter is going to be some knife twisting "guy grows to love this dog and it dies on him" thing making the whole chapter potentially distressing rather than the one panel.

Last edited:
Group Leader
There were two entire chapters dedicated to suicide and included a murder flashback that somehow didn't warrant a warning. There was a chapter with a woman grieving her dead husband, no warning needed. OH and the flashback child abuse that comes up in the ghost chapter? No. Warning.
And yet, one flashback panel of a dead puppy does get it? Not to mention it's a warning that leads you to believe this whole chapter is going to be some knife twisting "guy grows to love this dog and it dies on him" thing making the whole chapter potentially distressing rather than the one panel.

You are correct, I should probably go back and insert content warnings for those chapters as well.

Dex-chan lover
Although it didn't really bother me, but the problem with the content warning note was that it basically acted like a spoiler. Though it might have been a false flag for the husky in this very chapter, it nonetheless was technically a spoiler. After the note, every reader would already know an animal significant to the plot would die, before actually reaching that part of the chapter.

Group Leader
Although it didn't really bother me, but the problem with the content warning note was that it basically acted like a spoiler. Though it might have been a false flag for the husky in this very chapter, it nonetheless was technically a spoiler. After the note, every reader would already know an animal significant to the plot would die, before actually reaching that part of the chapter.
I did make a point to mention that it wasn't plot-significant, but I see your point. I'm having trouble thinking of phrasing that will sufficiently warn people but not spoil the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I did make a point to mention that it wasn't plot-significant, but I see your point. I'm having trouble thinking of phrasing that will sufficiently warn people but not spoil the chapter.
At the end of the day, what's plot-significant can be subjective. In this case, it wasn't insignificant in my opinion. It explained why Jun suddenly wanted to take so good care of the unknown dog. It was because he felt responsible for failing to do that in Japan, with the abandoned puppy. He's a good guy, so it's obvious he would do something about the dog, but he certainly took extra steps here, due to that piece of history. For example, he couldn't even sleep, without knowing the dog was okay, so he had to bring it to his room.

Dex-chan lover
As a person who had to see two pet dogs die before his eyes (sacrifice and accident), I understand why such trigger warnings can be there, and also why it could spoil the chapter. I was fearing for the husky until the flashback and the puppy dying made my eyes sweat a bit.

Dealing with those can be a bit tricky, no only because anything can be a trigger for someone, but how can be done without spoiling anything. I found that the warnings that are just short and concise are a good compromise, but spoilers are inevitable. For example in this case:

TRRIGGER WARNING: Animal death (flashback)
Proceed with caution.

Group Leader
As a person who had to see two pet dogs die before his eyes (sacrifice and accident), I understand why such trigger warnings can be there, and also why it could spoil the chapter. I was fearing for the husky until the flashback and the puppy dying made my eyes sweat a bit.

Dealing with those can be a bit tricky, no only because anything can be a trigger for someone, but how can be done without spoiling anything. I found that the warnings that are just short and concise are a good compromise, but spoilers are inevitable. For example in this case:

TRRIGGER WARNING: Animal death (flashback)
Proceed with caution.
Thank you, I will use your suggestion and reupload the page.

Users who are viewing this thread