How to Gracefully Divorce a Dragon - Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
I agree with the translation team that Hangyeol's seems like a good guy and worthy of a crush, but I also can't help but feel like there's something he's hiding behind that smile. And not the obvious "he's in a relationship already" secret that most have speculated on; I think it's just that he's a fox guy, with the stereotype of being sneaky and all that, I feel like his true personality is something more real than what we see from Seyun's point-of-view.

Dex-chan lover
I am sure she meant like as in a friend based off her actions, but I wonder how the grammar worked in Korean. Do they have a word that means like in both a platonic and romantic sense like in English, or was this explicitly a romantic like that when translated causes a bit of confusion.

I really wonder if she meant it like a confession or just still confused in her "like a brother" or "I don't not like him" type of way... I guess we'll see. It would be so sweet if she really started liking him. Also, I'm still waiting for the answer to Fox boy is.... Gay? Already in a relationship? Engaged?

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie, that confession felt a little out of place. Like it was literally last chapter that she was planning on confessing to Fox Seonbae
I dunno, it made sense to me

dumbass is comparing himself to Woojin and she's like "stop that, you have nothing in common, cause I actually like Woojin"

she is refuting his point by counterpointing that Woojin is a more likeable person

sadly this has the regrettable consequence of sounding like a confession

sorry did I say sadly? I meant hilariously

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I dunno, it made sense to me

dumbass is comparing himself to Woojin and she's like "stop that, you have nothing in common, cause I actually like Woojin"

she is refuting his point by counterpointing that Woojin is a more likeable person

sadly this has the regrettable consequences of sounding like a confession

sorry did I say sadly? I meant hilariously
If she means it as he's a more likeable person then I completely understand. I just have a silly fear that it's a very rushed confession

Dex-chan lover
I really wonder if she meant it like a confession or just still confused in her "like a brother" or "I don't not like him" type of way... I guess we'll see. It would be so sweet if she really started liking him. Also, I'm still waiting for the answer to Fox boy is.... Gay? Already in a relationship? Engaged?
Judging by the fact that he was facing severe harassment (at least according to Woojin and the director) he's either gay or had a child outside wedlock. If he's in a proper relationship/married I don't think that would warrant such harassment (but this is a manhwa so anything can go)

But yeah, eagerly waiting for the mystery to finally be cleared up

Dex-chan lover
God that guy needs to be kicked in the balls. I know he's being used as a sort of comparison to Woojin but I wish he'd just die.

And yeah I know Woojin is being pushy and insistent but rabbit girl is definitely not helping. Especially with the end of this chapter. I just wish Woojin worded.it better to ask "can we try dating a bit" so he'd seem less pushy.

I am sure she meant like as in a friend based off her actions, but I wonder how the grammar worked in Korean. Do they have a word that means like in both a platonic and romantic sense like in English, or was this explicitly a romantic like that when translated causes a bit of confusion.
Always happy to chat about Korean!! The verb used in Korean is 좋아하다 which can mean "to like" both romantically and platonically, just like in English. If it were explicitly romantic, you can be sure I would've mentioned that.

You wondered about the grammar; the grammar doesn't influence the fact that "to like" is used, but because you asked, the sentence used here is "저 백우진 선배님 좋아하니까", and the sentence is structured as a follow-up to the previous dialogue ("Don't tell me how to feel" etc).
저 = I
배우진 선배님 = Baek Woojin-seonbaenim
좋아하니까 = the verb 좋아하다 conjugated with a suffix that means "because", or "I said".

So if I translated the whole dialogue a little more literally and less naturally: "Don't you tell me how I feel, because I like Woojin-seonbae." 😊

Users who are viewing this thread