How to Gracefully Divorce a Dragon - Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
Seyun's being threatened by what's basically the beast-descendant version of the mafia and Woojin's just like "you wanna get married even though you clearly said you didn't want to before? Well...okay! :win: LFO!"

Dex-chan lover
why the time limit? why cancel the whole marriage if Seyun fails to meet her deadline? why threaten her with her whole family as leverage? why is she seeing this solely as an opportunity to take advantage of Seyun instead of potentially building a relationship? why the bait and switch from a favour she could grant to a brutally harsh contract?

and then Woojin instantly offers to help and she says she would have felt to guilty to accept his help and like, why is that a problem? compared to the other offer that's considerably better, like you don't have to just blindly accept his help with no strings attached, you can negotiate and set your own terms and be very clear that your relationship should be seperate from business, set some boundries, open up and explain why just blindly accepting presents and favours feels bad, open up about why you feel guilty instead of just feeling guilty and he has no idea you're suffering from kindness

ugh, I've barely scratched the surface, honestly, at least spend another chapter or two building this up instead of instantly pulling the trigger and leaving all these holes everywhere

This chapter gave me such a big ick. And something another commenter had said about how she didn't even try anything else or even give it a day or two really stuck with me too. I think this is scratching on my "not trusting the people that really care for you, but listening to others" hated trope. 🤢 It hurts because I really like Woojin and want to see things work out well for him. I've actually started not to like MC much anymore. Only a rather rapid cathartic opening up about what's going on scene could cure this, but if it compounds instead... 🥲

Also, I appreciate how Woojin sticks to his character in this tbh. He really does just love her and wants to get married and is confident that he can not only work out any problems she's experiencing but also get her to fall deeper for him while respecting her decision not to confide in him. Definitely an opportunist, but with aggressively pure intentions. He's so proven himself trustworthy already which is why it's really grinding my gears that she's doing this.

* breathes * Whew. 😤

Users who are viewing this thread