How to Raise a Mermaid - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
I worry about their future. But It still better than leaving her crying alone on the beach.
Thank for the chapter & the series.
Too bad it end so soon

Certainly this manga is superb, but the ending leaves too many questions:
>Will he continues to keep her in his house forever?
>Will she ever grow? What will happen if she grows up?
>What will happen if her existence was known?
>Why does she seems so attached to him? What about her parents? Do they also act like smart animals like how she acts?

For me, I think the ending is good, but I have many conflicted feelings about how it ends.

Double-page supporter
i have so many conflicting emotions i dont know how to deal with.
on the other hand, i think if this continued any further the series would turn into a drama, and that'd just really suck because i want to leave this with a fond memory of it.
it was a beautiful read, nice knowing it, shame it has to go but its probably for the best

Dex-chan lover
Can't decide if it's good or bad. But it definitely is charged with lot of feelings.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I felt it when he tried to send her off, but she sat there and started crying. He's going to need to figure out a better living arrangement for her, though. No matter how much she wants to be with him and how much I'm sure she's growing on him, keeping her in a bathtub her whole life would be cruel.

@NotCecil I think he kind of imprinted on her. He took her in when she was young and hurt, and started giving her easy food and stuff, so she grew dependent on him.

Does anyone know any series similar to this, perhaps with some more depth?

Dex-chan lover
Short and somewhat bittersweet even though they didn't even part ways. It's not exactly the perfect outcome after all, given that their current routine probably isn't sustainable in the long run, but there's no guarantee that letting her go would be any better either. And that's pretty much what the story was going for with this ending. Here's to hoping that they can find something that works even better in the future.

Aggregator gang
Future goals?
•Buy a house with a large swimming pool.
•Teach her to speak, so least you can send her out to sea, and pick her up later?
•Get a full time job, and learn to cook.

Users who are viewing this thread