I Became a Childhood Friend of a Mid-Level Boss - Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
3BXDoeS.png

lmao

Dex-chan lover
So, how much got chopped from the novel this time?

This was okay. The battle with Nam Yuri wasn't shortened except for the part where her hair instantly grew back but afterwards Kyunwoo found the triplets while looking for a place to rest. He bullied them under the guise of training because they're his precious childhood friends after Haneul and this is how men should bond.

The villain did briefly fight Eunsol and Haerang but the manhwa did shorten it significantly. The TL was a little rough here but Eunsol can see things not visible to the naked eye and she realized it was someone else's soul in that body. IIRC she was even frightened a bit. Haerang actually could've killed her with pure strength but the villain fled before things got out of hand.

What was completely cut was Min Arin ambushing Haneul because they are both Mages (I dont quite like the villains being TLd as Mage Society), but it was hardly a fight anyways. She realized the two of them would be compared forever and her pride wouldn't settle for being second place. Arin ambushed Haneul with fire magic but Haneul was unaffected. Haneul rushed at Arin and simply used her hammer to smash the next few fire spells thrown her way. Arin was so stunned by that display of strength, agility, and just a pair of glowing red eyes in the dark that she could not defend against a full powered hammer swing properly.

Thus Arin learned firsthand why Mages that only know how to fire one big spell and run away are just liabilities. On the other hand, Haneul can always use physical attacks if magic ever fails her. This is Kyunwoo's training showing results. This is also the start of Haneul and Marin's story full of hammers, rabbits, mochi, magic, jealousy, love, and PTSD. ;)

Also this chapter should have introduced the 10 Combat Systems which coincide with the 10 Great Families.

Sword
Spear
Bow
Shield
Pure Magic (magic cast with the human's mana alone)
Spirit Magic
White Magic
Black Magic
Alchemy
Martial Arts (fists)

Judging by the pace of the manhwa, I think they're aiming to have the end of this entrance exam to also be the end of Season 1 at around chapter 45. I see no other reason to have cut so much content unless it was to wrap up season 1 nicely. Otherwise going into the next Big Arc covering their academy life immediately would really just be an insult to the original novel.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
RIP Yandere-chan and cute redhead. Bunny Girl too strong.

Dex-chan lover
This was okay. The battle with Nam Yuri wasn't shortened except for the part where her instantly grew back but afterwards Kyunwoo found the triplets while looking for a place to rest. He bullied them under the guise of training because they're his precious childhood friends after Haneul and this is how men should bond.

The villain did briefly fight Eunsol and Haerang but the manhwa did shorten it significantly. The TL was a little rough here but Eunsol can see things not visible to the naked eye and she realized it was someone else's soul in that body. IIRC she was even frightened a bit. Haerang actually could've killed her with pure strength but the villain fled before things got out of hand.

What was completely cut was Min Arin ambushing Haneul because they are both Mages (I dont quite like the villains being TLd as Mage Society), but it was hardly a fight anyways. She realized the two of them would be compared forever and her pride wouldn't settle for being second place. Arin ambushed Haneul with fire magic but Haneul was unaffected. Haneul rushed at Arin and simply used her hammer to smash the next few fire spells thrown her way. Arin was so stunned by that display of strength, agility, and just a pair of glowing red eyes in the dark that she could not defend against a full powered hammer swing properly.

Thus Arin learned firsthand why Mages that only know how to fire one big spell and run away are just liabilities. On the other hand, Haneul can always use physical attacks if magic ever fails her. This is Kyunwoo's training showing results. This is also the start of Haneul and Marin's story full of hammers, rabbits, mochi, magic, jealousy, love, and PTSD. ;)

Also this chapter should have introduced the 10 Combat Systems which coincide with the 10 Great Families.

Sword
Spear
Bow
Shield
Pure Magic (magic cast with the human's mana alone)
Spirit Magic
White Magic
Black Magic
Alchemy
Martial Arts (fists)

Judging by the pace of the manhwa, I think they're aiming to have the end of this entrance exam to also be the end of Season 1 at around chapter 45. I see no other reason to have cut so much content unless it was to wrap up season 1 nicely. Otherwise going into the next Big Arc covering their academy life immediately would really just be an insult to the original novel.
Is the original story a web novel? And is the manwha the only adaptation?

Dex-chan lover
(I dont quite like the villains being TLd as Mage Society)

This is my personal guess, but the original term might be "魔人" and both villains and mage are just the TL trying to adapt it.

To simply quote one of the google'd answer:
In Japanese, 'Majin' (魔人) translates literally to "demon person" or "magic person." It is often used in fantasy contexts to depict a being that wields supernatural powers and often has a demonic or mystical background.
(I know the source material is KR but that region shares a lot of similarities in these stuffs)

In DnD their equivalent would be Sorcerer class I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Bunny girl when being asked not to get the black badge:
images

Also bunny girl to red head:
images

Users who are viewing this thread