I Don't Want to Be the Magpie Bridge - Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
I also want to raise a unicorn, let people dream.

If she really wanted to not attract attention putting a towel on her head is the opposite of a good idea.

Dex-chan lover
If she really wanted to not attract attention putting a towel on her head is the opposite of a good idea.

To be fair she's just a girl who happen to get knowledge of story via vision dreams, so she lacks the genre savviness to avoid flags.

If she's more genre savvy, she'd know the biggest thing to avoid in OI is being iNtErEsTiNg.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair she's just a girl who happen to get knowledge of story via vision dreams, so she lacks the genre savviness to avoid flags.

If she's more genre savvy, she'd know the biggest thing to avoid in OI is being iNtErEsTiNg.
You don’t need to be smart or knowledgeable to see that walking around with a towel trying to cover you face will make you stand out! Doesn’t make it better when it’s during training where you will sweat a lot which makes it stand out even more.

Dex-chan lover
You don’t need to be smart or knowledgeable to see that walking around with a towel trying to cover you face will make you stand out! Doesn’t make it better when it’s during training where you will sweat a lot which makes it stand out even more.

Well, there's attracting public attention and there's attracting the leads' attention.

She's trying to avoid the latter.

As shown in this chapter
He doesn't care much about a weirdo with a towel on her head (until she started arguing back anyway, but that's her becoming more 'interesting')
But he cares VERY MUCH about the weird lady who pokeball'd him.

Dex-chan lover
Well, there's attracting public attention and there's attracting the leads' attention.

She's trying to avoid the latter.

As shown in this chapter
He doesn't care much about a weirdo with a towel on her head (until she started arguing back anyway, but that's her becoming more 'interesting')
But he cares VERY MUCH about the weird lady who pokeball'd him.
While that’s true, but I would have assumed standing out would also attract their attention. But sure she might know they’re weirdos in more ways that we don’t and that the prince don’t have any interest in normal weirdos.

Pokeballs doesn’t seem to be well known, so I wonder how the prince would explain what happened. It sounds insane saying they touched a ball and got caught inside it.

Dex-chan lover
While that’s true, but I would have assumed standing out would also attract their attention. But sure she might know they’re weirdos in more ways that we don’t and that the prince don’t have any interest in normal weirdos.

Pokeballs doesn’t seem to be well known, so I wonder how the prince would explain what happened. It sounds insane saying they touched a ball and got caught inside it.

I mean, it's a pretty common trope of ladies trying to outshine each other to get attention of popular men, so to those men someone intentionally trying to stand out is nothing new.

As for the pokeball, probably falls under magical item (remember she also had the transformation cloak) so it's your standard "It's magic, I ain't got to explain shit"

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's a pretty common trope of ladies trying to outshine each other to get attention of popular men, so to those men someone intentionally trying to stand out is nothing new.

As for the pokeball, probably falls under magical item (remember she also had the transformation cloak) so it's your standard "It's magic, I ain't got to explain shit"
Haha I can imagine what the other ladies will start doing now to stand out to the prince. It will be the next hot thing to walk around with a towel around your head.

That’s true, I personally dislike the “it’s magic” explanation so much.

Dex-chan lover
Man, her identity was immediately exposed in a day. Most stories would stretch that out over months. Prince is smarter than most MLs, or at least has better eyesight.

Dex-chan lover
The whole plot is kinda shitty from the start. In the first chapter she use a "ball to capture thing like in her favorite comic book" (with an obvious parody of pokemon with "pingkachu") but yet she's not the korean girl, but a 10yo girl from this fantasy world?

That and the towel killed the manhua for me. I'm all for comedy, but not to the expense of obvious logic. No, putting a towel on your head in public and during training won't make you less recognizable. In fact, you also used a transformation tool during the chapter 1 and explained it to us, trying to hide would not make any sense.

Rip.

Users who are viewing this thread