I Failed to Divorce My Husband - Ch. 82

Contributor
And that's the amnesia arc over, now we can continue our ongoing destruction of the Leinster Elders.

Dex-chan lover
That room was created to shield against any potential danger. It's designed to be completely inaccessible from the outside once locked from within.
Poisonous gas must be included in that "any potential danger" right? That means that room is an absolutely enclosed space without ventilation. And they spent days in there. Imagine how suffocating it must be in there.
:worry:

This room is the core of the mansion's structure. It was designed so that, in the event of a powerful impact from the outside, the main frames supporting the mansion would collapse altogether. The mansion, which can stand sturdy against earthquakes, would be buried underground.
What a faulty design. Why would they make the usually sturdy mansion collapse if the room is attacked? I mean, most attackers wouldn't know anything about that "feature," so when they see that room they would most likely try to break it. And then the mansion will easily collapse, burying not only the attackers but also everyone in that room. That's no safe room. It's a coffin.
:huh:

Contributor
Poisonous gas must be included in that "any potential danger" right? That means that room is an absolutely enclosed space without ventilation. And they spent days in there. Imagine how suffocating it must be in there.
poison gas isn’t exactly available to the average medieval army. I think you’re really overthinking a safe room that has a means to communicate with the outside world.

Dex-chan lover

What a faulty design. Why would they make the usually sturdy mansion collapse if the room is attacked? I mean, most attackers wouldn't know anything about that "feature," so when they see that room they would most likely try to break it. And then the mansion will easily collapse, burying not only the attackers but also everyone in that room. That's no safe room. It's a coffin.
:huh:
I think the idea is that the room could be dug out after the collapse when help arrived if it did. Basically giving a bit more time where help might come rather than being killed immediately and having no hope.
However the other alternative is that it won't collapse and this is a lie just to stop the elders trying anything.

Dex-chan lover
poison gas isn’t exactly available to the average medieval army. I think you’re really overthinking a safe room that has a means to communicate with the outside world.
Even common smoke can kill in a room without proper ventilation.

Dex-chan lover
I think the idea is that the room could be dug out after the collapse when help arrived if it did. Basically giving a bit more time where help might come rather than being killed immediately and having no hope.
However the other alternative is that it won't collapse and this is a lie just to stop the elders trying anything.
How could those outside dig it out, if "the only people who know about this room are the duke and the duchess"? Either the two who know about are in it, or the two who know about it are outside and it's empty...

Users who are viewing this thread