I Got Reincarnated as a Cat, but Since I’m Bored, I Play VRMMOs With Gamer Girls - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The mystery of charging

Dex-chan lover
I hope his affliction of being a cat doesn't affect any equip systems, it would suck if he couldn't wear any armor or use weapons.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, if the gimmick was actually mashing a button then it would be a shitty gimmick. If the gimmick is focusing on something "really hard" and the "button mashing" was just a mental image or an illustration of his focus, I would argue that it isn't a bad gimmick.
Focusing like that, especially while in battle isn't exactly easy, and since it's the first "full dive" VR game of their world, showing off the technology that can actually read your focus is something that they would be eager to do.

Dex-chan lover
I was checking again the chapter 1 and nothing, who is the maid? And why the cat's name sounds familiar?

Dex-chan lover
I was checking again the chapter 1 and nothing, who is the maid? And why the cat's name sounds familiar?
I assume it either has to do something with someone he knew when he was still human.

Dex-chan lover
I'm also curious too.

For his name sounding familiar, Nanahoshi was a famous genius cat who appeared on a TV show so Akari mentioning an in-game friend who has a cat avatar must've rang a bell. Edit: MC was only named "Nanahoshi" after his current owner Kanako bought him from the pet shop so my prev statement is a no go.

For the maid, she's probably a new character introduced or maybe Hokuto's (MC) classmate Akito who also reincarnated. My only basis for this is their eyes look a bit similar. Edit: It has only been 2 years since MC died so the latter option isn't viable unless going back in time after reincarnating is a thing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I assume it either has to do something with someone he knew when he was still human.
Ok. Was his name the same when he was alive? For that matter, are there not tens, dozens, or even hundreds of people with the same or similar names? (Hundreds is a stretch, but drives the point) Finally, wasn't he last alive between ten and twenty years ago (and I may be of by a few decades, last time I used a second tab on my phone it refreshed the one that I was writing on and I lost literal paragraphs... So forgive me not looking it up...) so if we assume that the maid is mid twenties (which is admittedly young) to mid thirties she would have been very young when he was alive. (I will look this up after submitting my reply, and then edit to correct myself or confirm).

If anything I think she is thinking about the cat version of him, i.e. his current self. BRB with confirmation/correction of the above.

EDIT: as per page 6, Ch 1: his human name was Hokuto Kurokawa, not Nanahoshi (which translates to seven stars, i.e. the spots on his cat back).
EDIT 2: I am an idiot, it was two years, as per literally a few pages later. I was probably remembering the explanation about how long the device was in development... Silly me.
EDIT 3: most importantly it is almost certainly his "owner's" friend, the person who gave her the machine back in Ch 1. Looking at the two, using two tabs and this and that chapter, they look (almost) the same. Page 22 of ch 1 gives her the closest expression (that I can currently find).

tldr: most likely the female friend of the MC's "owner" who was introduced by delivering the VR capsule and setting it up back in chapter 1. See page 22 for example. Final(?) edit(?) I think the reason she recognized the name is because he is her friend's cat, who is known to be "more intelligent than normal", and who always hid from her when she was over.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm also curious too.

For his name sounding familiar, Nanahoshi was a famous genius cat who appeared on a TV show so Akari mentioning an in-game friend who has a cat avatar must've rang a bell.

For the maid, either she's a new character introduced, or maybe Hokuto's (MC) classmate Akito who also reincarnated. My only basis for this is their eyes look a bit similar.
I'm confused. You could certainly be correct, but I reviewed the first chapter (and the following chapters consisted entirely of in game events - which I will double check in a moment), when does it say that his, entirely male, friend Akito, introduced on page 34, 35, and 36 (best visible on 36) died and was reincarnated?
As I mentioned before, on page 8 it says "going back two years, I was crushed to death by bananas." If his friend, who, again is introduced as male while he was in high school, also died, he would have had to reincarnate years before as a human female. And since this is supposedly in the same universe that he originally died in, as explained when the VR pod is explained, his friend would have had to avoid their past selfs.

Or, I completely misunderstood your post, which is entirely possible. Otherwise I seriously doubt that the maid is Akito.

EDIT: this, however, IS an adaptation. It's possible to have information that I don't have as I haven't read any of the source material yet... So knowing more than I do is a likelihood...

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused. You could certainly be correct, but I reviewed the first chapter (and the following chapters consisted entirely of in game events - which I will double check in a moment), when does it say that his, entirely male, friend Akito, introduced on page 34, 35, and 36 (best visible on 36) died and was reincarnated?
As I mentioned before, on page 8 it says "going back two years, I was crushed to death by bananas." If his friend, who, again is introduced as male while he was in high school, also died, he would have had to reincarnate years before as a human female. And since this is supposedly in the same universe that he originally died in, as explained when the VR pod is explained, his friend would have had to avoid their past selfs.

Or, I completely misunderstood your post, which is entirely possible. Otherwise I seriously doubt that the maid is Akito.

EDIT: this, however, IS an adaptation. It's possible to have information that I don't have as I haven't read any of the source material yet... So knowing more than I do is a likelihood...
I was only listing possibilities but I missed the part that it's only two years after MC died so yeah, his friend reincarnating as the maid is not possible. Actually, I thought it was 20 years later lol. I must've mixed the amount of time-skip with another reincarnation manga.

Group Leader

Speaking of which, I was thinking of TLing the novel too. Would you guys be interested in reading it?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was able to catch Pokemon more successfully when smashing buttons! No kidding.

It cannot be from him being on tv, he was nameless then. Only got named Nanahoshi from his owner after the fact. As for the friend she was a fellow actor as well as a VA etc. I cannot see her having a long time job as a maid for a rich girl.

So it is a slip on the authors end or some other related connection not yet revealed.

Dex-chan lover
I was only listing possibilities but I missed the part that it's only two years after MC died so yeah, his friend reincarnating as the maid is not possible. Actually, I thought it was 20 years later lol. I must've mixed the amount of time-skip with another reincarnation manga.
You are not alone. In my first "wall of text" I assumed it had been at least ten, if not twenty or more. Only after looking it up to get the exact Number did I realize my mistake.
Honestly, I still believe it has been more than ten years, but the manga says I am wrong.

Dex-chan lover
It cannot be from him being on tv, he was nameless then. Only got named Nanahoshi from his owner after the fact. As for the friend she was a fellow actor as well as a VA etc. I cannot see her having a long time job as a maid for a rich girl.

So it is a slip on the authors end or some other related connection not yet revealed.
I checked, you are correct.
It must be her twin. I would say maybe it's a temporary thing, like to research for her next job, but that doesn't feel right.

Dex-chan lover
@Aricitic guess our theories were wrong due to lack of reading :dogkek:
I'm out of ideas. I'll just wait til the manga shows who the maid is, if she's even relevant :wooow:

Aggregator gang
I love how we're all trying to figure out what clues there may have been to the maid's identity.
Agreed that it seems to be not anyone indicated yet (as far as we know) and is likely going to have a backstory in coming chapters. Because yeah, the maid seems to have been employed by Akari for quite a while, and the dive only happened within a day.
Nanahoshi was named by the actress Kana who thereafter was with him for several months. Also it's not Miyu who is also an actress. The dive started when Kana left for the overnight shoot (a month after Miyu bought Kana the capsule). So at best we're probably looking at a before unmentioned character that interacted with them within those months?
Since we don't have the other situations shown where Hokuto (the human prior to reincarnating as a cat) had used the name before (a situation which has occurred in other mangas where the character becomes identified) it's unlikely that it's Akito (who was Hokuto's friend, portrayed in the past of 2 years earlier as male, who made the promise). Usual tropes are that if the name was used and someone in the past life did make the promise that there's be this type of situation of course. Not counting gender misidentification or transition depending on the manga.
Although that does make me wonder how/if they'll bring in people from the prior life

Dex-chan lover
I do not understand how an editor was able to look at these pages and say, "Cat looks fine, let's publish it."

Users who are viewing this thread