I Have a Second Chance at Life, so I’ll Pamper My Yandere Boyfriend for a Happy Ending!! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Broaden Your Horizons!

Dex-chan lover
I'm five chapters in and still not sure how to feel about this manga. Himari's way of thinking is insane: this guy killed me before, so I have to shower him with love because it was my fault he killed me! Oh no!

Hope we'll get a better hint of what they talked about prior to the murder, and hopefully Himari'll actually stop being so dumb about this and realise Shion's not a dashingly charming prince, but just a homicidal lunatic.

Double-page supporter
She still isn't communicating with him, like not telling him about the girl's that said the mean things behind her back, or not telling him why she's joining a club. Seems like she's just doing different mistakes than last time.

Dex-chan lover
I'm five chapters in and still not sure how to feel about this manga. Himari's way of thinking is insane: this guy killed me before, so I have to shower him with love because it was my fault he killed me! Oh no!

Hope we'll get a better hint of what they talked about prior to the murder, and hopefully Himari'll actually stop being so dumb about this and realise Shion's not a dashingly charming prince, but just a homicidal lunatic.
Re-read chapter 1 and 2 again bro, she's somewhat aware of why MC killed her, she knows she plays a part in why that happened, she loves him and and wants to actually fix all of the regrets she had in the past, but loving MC is not one of those regrets.

Your way of thinking is like when you shoved some eggs and flour into your mouth and then said you've eaten a loaf of bread. Yeah sure, you've some of the ingredients of the bread but you're missing 90% of the process.

Also, she knows full well he's a homicidal lunatic, why the fuck else would she be doing all of this then? If she didn't, she would have just acted the same way she did in the past and then gotten herself killed again.

It's almost like you've only read the synopsis and then went here to write the comment. Actually no, scratch that "It's almost like" part, you've definitely only read the synopsis and then went here to write the comment, because that's all that you know about the manga, the synopsis: Oh he killed me, let's love him lots now.

Dex-chan lover
Re-read chapter 1 and 2 again bro, she's somewhat aware of why MC killed her, she knows she plays a part in why that happened, she loves him and and wants to actually fix all of the regrets she had in the past, but loving MC is not one of those regrets.

Your way of thinking is like when you shoved some eggs and flour into your mouth and then said you've eaten a loaf of bread. Yeah sure, you've some of the ingredients of the bread but you're missing 90% of the process.

Also, she knows full well he's a homicidal lunatic, why the fuck else would she be doing all of this then? If she didn't, she would have just acted the same way she did in the past and then gotten herself killed again.

It's almost like you've only read the synopsis and then went here to write the comment. Actually no, scratch that "It's almost like" part, you've definitely only read the synopsis and then went here to write the comment, because that's all that you know about the manga, the synopsis: Oh he killed me, let's love him lots now.
lmao

Even in this chapter, she reminisces about her death and what does she conclude? “I might’ve done something to him before it happened.” and two panels later, “I’m gonna continue showering him in love.”

How does any of that indicate she acknowledges he is a homicidal lunatic? Literally in this chapter she is insisting still that not only did he actually kill her, but she shouldn’t forget what happened right before that because she “might’ve done something to him before” he pushed her off the veranda. Girl is still trying to find fault with herself as if it’s a “two people at fault” thing.

Himari further iterates how kind he is, that he was concerned about her pre-reincarnation, and that she must’ve hurt him by not relying on him.

She does not, in fact, come to the conclusion he is a lunatic. That his murder of her is inexcusable and that steering clear is wiser than trying to “fix” him by bring more openwith her feelings.

I appreciate that you like the manga and disagree with me, but express that better than “hurr you must have that opinion because you didn’t read the manga”. I‘ve been following it since chapter 1, I just don’t like the notion that the murder victim seems so convinced her murderer is a good person and that she should try harder in the relationship.

Dex-chan lover
That whole "last thing they talked about" mystery is the one thing that keeps my illusion that she'll eventually realize that he was simply evil the whole time. I hope this ends up being a cool subversion of male yandere trope like that but I'm not too hopeful.

My bet is in that he kiled her by accident, or she jumped herself or some other dumb twist like that.

Dex-chan lover
She still isn't communicating with him, like not telling him about the girl's that said the mean things behind her back, or not telling him why she's joining a club. Seems like she's just doing different mistakes than last time.
The whole point of the manga (I hope) is that she's not really at fault of anything. The guy just killed her because he's crazy. It's kinda disheartening that some people's gut reaction is not to instantly place all the fault on the murderer and instead they still nitpick on what the girl might have done wrong.

Dex-chan lover
I worry about this girl. I hope that by joining this particular club, she can learn to communicate and solve the problem. She clearly didn't get to grow as a person in the first run of life, so she needs to take this chance. (As a reader, I desperately wish she'd go find an adult to help her.)

At the same time, though, she's pretty worried he could kill her sooner or again. So I think I get why she'd be affectionate- it's her current method of keeping his bad side at bay. It's crazy, and a bad idea from our perspective, but breaking up with him could be a really bad move too. We know some of his yandere triggers already and his desires once one gets pushed.

I also worry that he's going to be absolved by the murder being some mistake. That would pretty much ruin the whole story.

Dex-chan lover
This whole “blaming herself for her boyfriend killing her” is really strange. I’m really hoping we get more details soon about what really happened because it’s getting weird. The series is still promising so I’m gonna stick it out for now.

Dex-chan lover
It's a very common mentality in domestic violence situations - "Oh, if i didn't aggravate them, they wouldn't have hit me", "they're usually so loving so I must have pushed them too far." So I'm not really surprised that she, a teenage girl in her first relationship, thinks that she's responsible for her own murder.

Sticking with him is also a defence mechanism because he clearly reacts badly to percieved rejection.

I'm hoping the story points out (as it seems to be doing) how unhealthy and possessive his behaviour was and how it was stopping the two of them from growing as people.

Dex-chan lover

I feel like this story would be a lot more relatable if the guy had committed suicide instead. MC would've followed him out of guilt or been involved in some kind of accident, and would now be using her second life to save him.

Alternatively, the author could've chosen a smarter MC, who's trying to get away from the guy, but pretends she still loves him so he won't kill her before she's ready to leave.

As it is now, it feels like MC is running head first into an abusive relationship that will only end in her own death. It's hard to hope for a "happy end" in this case, because we all know it's not going to last.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The whole point of the manga (I hope) is that she's not really at fault of anything. The guy just killed her because he's crazy. It's kinda disheartening that some people's gut reaction is not to instantly place all the fault on the murderer and instead they still nitpick on what the girl might have done wrong.
Not at fault for anything? Ok obviously killing someone isn’t ok in this situation at all but she is definitely at fault for their relationship going sour.

Her insecurities push her away from their relationship ever working, she doesn’t want to be open about their relationship because she doesn’t want to embarrass him and for whatever reason she decided to go to some other dude about her own insecurities rather than her boyfriend who wants to help (in her eyes.) and it isn’t like the boyfriend is making her insecure by saying any rude remarks or trying to make her seem less, it’s the people on the outside and she just doesn’t want to talk to anyone about this to anyone other than that dude who isn’t her boyfriend.

I think the whole point of the manga (hopefully.) is that she’s gotta grow past her insecurities and see that her bf isn’t who she thinks she is and move on from him. She isn’t blameless in the downfall of their relationship but she cannot be part of this crazy relationship anymore after she becomes confident. She’s already noticing signs early on but she’s simply brushing them off due to her own weird thought process but I assume that the bf is gonna do something stupid to make her notice.

Dex-chan lover
I read ur comment again? Unless ur talking about my comment? gonna have to be more specific on what you want here
Yours. Not that it matters since you most likely did read it again and didn't really get why I highlighted that part of your comment.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who thinks she's actually more obsessed with him than he is with her? Guys...she got pushed off a balcony and her first thought is making him happier. That's far beyond domestic victim thinking.

That's more like what a henchman of an evil organization thinks when their master scolds them violently. This girl is likely just as much off her rocker as her boyfriend...and I'm all for it.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter made me not sure that him killing her is as black and white as she is portraying it to be.

He seem like he'll do anything for her, so why would he kill her? Unless, she wanted him to.

Is there going to be a reveal that it was an assisted suicide and she simply blocked that out of her memory?

But I'm probably wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Not at fault for anything? Ok obviously killing someone isn’t ok in this situation at all but she is definitely at fault for their relationship going sour.

Her insecurities push her away from their relationship ever working, she doesn’t want to be open about their relationship because she doesn’t want to embarrass him and for whatever reason she decided to go to some other dude about her own insecurities rather than her boyfriend who wants to help (in her eyes.) and it isn’t like the boyfriend is making her insecure by saying any rude remarks or trying to make her seem less, it’s the people on the outside and she just doesn’t want to talk to anyone about this to anyone other than that dude who isn’t her boyfriend.

I think the whole point of the manga (hopefully.) is that she’s gotta grow past her insecurities and see that her bf isn’t who she thinks she is and move on from him. She isn’t blameless in the downfall of their relationship but she cannot be part of this crazy relationship anymore after she becomes confident. She’s already noticing signs early on but she’s simply brushing them off due to her own weird thought process but I assume that the bf is gonna do something stupid to make her notice.
you are actually insane lol

Am I the only one who thinks she's actually more obsessed with him than he is with her? Guys...she got pushed off a balcony and her first thought is making him happier. That's far beyond domestic victim thinking.

That's more like what a henchman of an evil organization thinks when their master scolds them violently. This girl is likely just as much off her rocker as her boyfriend...and I'm all for it.
There is a very big possibility that she is just a masochist :shamihuh:. Which brings up an interesting persepective on yandere girls.... Some guys say they want a girl who could kill them, crush their skulls with thighs, etc. Its the same with Himari and her bf!! :meguupog:

This is just your normal yandere story with flipped genders and a bit of timeloop. Whats the difference between Himari and any other MC in more normal yandere stories where the yandere is the girl?

Users who are viewing this thread