I Quit the Hero's Party - Ch. 6

Aggregator gang
What do scales have to do with stars? At least make it a telescope or something related.
It's not about what a scale has to do with stars. Rather, it's what the Stars in this universe have to do with a scale. The story explained it pretty plainly at the beginning of this chapter. The Stars can grant people power, specifically Wizards who are powerful enough to utilize the Divine Scale, but it requires a price to be paid. Hence the, y'know... scale to measure the price against the power granted. What this price is hasn't been exactly mentioned, but we know that at least one possible price is one's lifespan if we go by what Renial did previously. About half his/her lifespan was sacrificed to give the hero's party time to escape the Demon Lord when they first encountered them. However, I get the feeling it's not always one's lifespan. It could be that the Stars may take other prices if they deem the price worthy.

Meanwhile, Sorcerers can also be granted power, but rather than a price it requires a sacrifice. Specifically, blood and/or pain from what I can tell. They mentioned "body parts," but since this young Sorcerer still has his fingers that he supposedly sacrificed, it's likely that sacrificing one's body doesn't necessarily equate to losing said parts. It just means receiving damage as a consequence of tapping into this alternate power.

Users who are viewing this thread