I Rely on My Invincibility to Deal Tons of Damage Passively! - Ch. 27

Supporter
I had a weird feeling of cultural dissonance from this. I get the feeling from this chapter that the author doesn't like the idea of military service and patriotism...

Having a teacher even imply the idea of military service to someone is worth demoting a school's rank. Kind of a strange concept in a system where people train to get stronger in order to fight demons...

Whereas a similar series like Log into the Future has people flocking to the military.

Dex-chan lover
I had a weird feeling of cultural dissonance from this. I get the feeling from this chapter that the author doesn't like the idea of military service and patriotism...

Having a teacher even imply the idea of military service to someone is worth demoting a school's rank. Kind of a strange concept in a system where people train to get stronger in order to fight demons...

Whereas a similar series like Log into the Future has people flocking to the military.
I don't think they have a problem with military and patriotism. To me it seemed like the problem was with people of noticable influence and power trying to "force" a young kid to risk his life (without being willing to do the same themselves) or be branded as unpatriotic, ie basicly blackmailing him, there was about as much "implying the idea of military service" as that certain Austrian fellow "had some misgivings" about certain groups of people :sneaky:

Users who are viewing this thread