I Shall Seal the Heavens

Contributor
I always wanted this to get a manga. Now we need Against the Gods, Martial World, True Martial World, and Martial God Asura.

Aggregator gang
Heard very high praise for the novel version of this, that it is meant to be an amazingly good story. Never got into novels, but now that it is visual form, will see what the hype is all about...

And so far, so good - thanks to the scanlation group for the chapters.

@elbs

The novel's pretty nice, but I think it started to get boring a few hundred chapters before the end. Things just got too repetitive and drawn out, and the author ended up resorting to only one pattern to build up excitement. He basically writes like a person trying to describe a loading bar (literally, with percentage/metres increasing again and again) when building up excitement, and he does this dozens of times throughout the entire series. It's fun to read this 'loading bar' style, but you get tired of it later on.

@Dagashi
Yeah, it definitely has some of those elements, but I didn't find it to be that bad. So far, the novel is definitely far better than this manga adaptation.

I finished the novel in 2 months, which I believe is a relatively short time, with only a single two week period where I only read a few chapters (out of 1600 total), and it was definitely worth it. Several arcs are so interesting and emotionally impactful, that I'm in the process of reading it for a second time.

And if people want something with much more emphasis on the comical side of things (not that ISSTH isn't funny, it definitely has its moments), read A Will Eternal, by the same author and translator on WuxiaWorld. It has a regular release schedule of almost 2 chapters a day, and have just reached the halfway point of about 650 chapters, it's one of the best reads ever. I've had a few nights where I was afraid of waking up my neighbors, almost crying from laughing too much.

Did he just beat puppies?
Worst MC ever. No matter how much charisma he had before, hurting babies, even from wolves, is a straight 'no no' in the cool MC book.
The Goblin Slayer does that but he is too deep in his trauma, and thus, can justify.

Dex-chan lover
never thought that i'd ever see someone scanlate a manhua worse than RMT. i mean jesus look at that text font and the way it flows out of the speech bubble...

but i guess if anything, it shows how far back RMT is?

Aggregator gang
Thats a LOT of releases, i didnt even know there were so many chapters out, and why did a web-novel Machine Translation group translate a manhua?

Aggregator gang
wow the translation in the new releases is terrible.

never thought i would feel glad ReadManga.Today is scanlating a series lol.. but they are at least better than these ComradeMao chapter releases

Aggregator gang
@trashscanlations comepletely agree that machine translations should be universally removed from MD, including from this series.

many thanks for your 'real' chapter releases - such a well-reputed series (at least going by the novel's reputation) deserves at least that much.

I don't mind the extra chapters tbh. Saves waiting weeks for an understaffed hoarding group that has no release schedule.

Decent read but arrogant MC. Very annoying, did he actually killed those small baby wolfs? The actual fu***ck..

This is one of the worst adaptation i've ever seen, the story is all over the place! That's a pity since the novel is very good (one of my favorite wuxia). I really recommend you to read that instead of this shitty manhua.

Users who are viewing this thread