I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home.

Okay, so my thoughts… we’re finally learning Sayu’s past which is good. My thoughts however are more focused on the romance angle… it’s awful. Mishima is an idiot who thought that she could “make a move” to get what she wanted, but by her own words spent more time pining for Yoshida than actually attempting to win him over. Gotou is also an idiot, saying she likes Yoshida,but was waiting for what she felt was the right time, even admitting she preferred things to take shape “naturally” rather than force it. A convenient excuse to not put in effort and then cry when things don’t go her way. Then she has the nerve to think him taking in Sayu is proof that it’s not the “right” time yet. As for Sayu, god please be good and not let her be an actual romantic prospect, because the story is far more interesting with him being a support pillar she needed and helping her recover from her trauma.
A big thing that bugged me was both Mishima and Kanda trying their damnedest to gaslight Yoshida into thinking he was wrong for trying to do the right thing. That’s life, all we can do is do our best and hope that we do right by those we care about. Kanda was pushed away because he worried for her and wanted to be there for her, which somehow she didn’t see as caring but ok. She even completely ghosted him but has the gall to say that she was hurt too. Honey, it sounds like you got mad you couldn’t get raw-dogged by your boyfriend because he understood contraceptives aren’t perfect. As for Mishima, she accuses Yoshida of refusing to see things from other peoples perspective, which he admits he has a hard time doing. A hard time, not refuses. He literally was taught to do the “right thing;” something that was left ambiguous by his father and so Yoshida obviously came to the conclusion that the “right thing” was helping others, treating them with kindness and respect and showing a desire to see them happy and taken care of. Mishima literally said, by being so nice, he denies himself of getting what he wants. Obviously not, because he has a job he enjoys, and friends at work.
A story with a good plot and pacing, but awful romance where the only legal heroines are herbivores who whine and stew in their own misery because of complacency. In short, Mishima is a hypocrite and Gotou is lazy and entitled.
P.S. I don’t consider Kanda as a romantic interest because she told him she finally got over her first heartbreak, meaning she’s over him, thank god. He doesn’t need someone like her.

Also Yaguchi can fuck off and die.

this mf said "you're just really mature for your age" NAAAAAAAAAHHHH lock this fucker up IMMEDIATELY

Mishima pisses me off, sooooo annoying and judgemental all the fucking time. Trying to sabotage his relationships like some entitled piece of shit. It's his fucking life and he's allowed to make his own fucking choices. The fact that he allows her to meddle with his life like that instead of calling her out is also frustrating. Japan's social dynamics and relationships are something that I'll never understand

Users who are viewing this thread