I Turned off the Pain Perception Setting! - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
She's definitely gonna die in the Game Pod and wind up actually be in the game itself, except without the game mechanics.

Aggregator gang
I just wrote in the last chapter's comment thread that we're just sitting around waiting for the actual story to start, and here we are. We'll have to see if this actually goes somewhere, or if it's ignored for another six chapters or so like last time...

I'm still a bit confused about the whole hierarchy thing - like what's the point of the whole tier system if being at the top tier possible for a factory-born still doesn't have doctors that can fix you, and the tiers above can't fix you either because... they don't deal with this kind of problem in the first place? So despite the society being capable of mass-producing human life, and someone had to have made a mistake somewhere to cause this death sentence in the first place, nobody has the capability to fix this?

Like I'd understand if it'd just be prohibitively expensive or the heroine could never get the clearance, but from how the conversation with the doctor went it seems like literally nobody can help her even if they wanted to. I'm sure this is narratively supposed to line the heroine up with her character in the game, but this just feels like a weird setting choice when she could've just had cancer or something and not have all this weird future tech clone nonsense.

Dex-chan lover
Where the FUCK was Capitalism mentioned here?
An ongoing criticism of Korean society has been showed off in their media lately. Probably the most prominent example is Squid Game showing how hard it is for people who have been set back (whether from their own actions or someone else's) makes it incredibly difficult to climb back into society. IIRC the protagonist was fired from his job and spiralled - and the reason being he was willing to actually hold a strike which was met with force and some co-workers died from the scuffle. There's also the constant talking about how children are pressured to study to an extreme extent where they have very little if any free time, even if it's not inherently capitalist in this regard it is HIGHLY COMPETITIVE. The term Hell Joseon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Joseon) began circulating to reflect how some of the populace feel about their socio-economic circumstances.
Also, a lot of Korea is owned by just a few select corporations known as Chaebol which well, you can see the link there.

While Capitalism is not explicitly mentioned here, the structure of a society where people are being literally made to do jobs and are discriminated against by the natural born, I mean, come on.

Users who are viewing this thread