I Want to Eat Your Pancreas - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - 「I Want To Eat Your Pancreas」

Contributor
Damn manga warms my heart and then rips it out a moment later. Even though we all knew she was going to die, something about her being randomly murdered makes this so much worse. Why author? Why?

Seriously why? This is such a sudden, out-there development. I don't understand the reasoning.

Wa-
K
Was scared it would be the manga's end but 3 chapters into vol2 seems unlikely.
But what the shit nontheless

Group Leader
Crap ending but I really appreciated translator notes, particularly the one about hit-and-run murders.
Seriously, that's some messed-up shit. I hope they don't target tourists too

So they ended it with the cop out version of the novel. I'm disappointed. Different media are for different things to try. You can end your tv drama differently than you did your novel and your anime different than your manga. That makes the whole adaption thingy fun, but this... this feels just lazy and like a punch in your face to GET THE MESSAGE ACROSS the way the author wanted. I quite dislike it.

Angelic Layer did it right IMO with the different pairings in the manga and the anime. Get creative with this stuff and not stiff.

For the reader, who didn't know this was coming, it must have felt like a punch in the face and a big F*CK YOU. You have my condolences. This ruined a perfectly good manga and not in the 'Let's think about it' good way.

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@GarryCarryBarry: oh thanks for that tidbit of information. Both this and angelic layer, only saw the anime now I’m curious about the manga. I’ll be sure to get a copy of this novel to see a better ending.

Dex-chan lover
It's not a cop out ending...

Part of the point of the story is that life is precious and can end at any time.

Contributor
The way she went out kind of ruined the moment, being offscreen and all to boot. Him doing the title drop on a text was a great moment, though.

Supporter
giphy.gif

No need to have captions for this, I guess.

Aggregator gang
i was all happy and shit and suddenly the author fucking shoots me in the feels man

Users who are viewing this thread