I Was Born as the Seventh Prince, What Should I Do? - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
I am so confused about what just happened
Ok so, MC goes around doing market studies, seeing how other shops run their buisness.

This is all a set up for random uncle.

Random uncle is the reason their shop is doing so bad... because he wanted to teach them a lesson and he thinks the shop should only belong to his brother? (not entirely clear here)

MC reveals all of this and then comes up with a solution, but the punishment for esentially terrorising a poor family (his poor family) is just really nothing?

Like bro just get's forgiven and becomes some sort of lackey for MC ig?

This chapter honestly feels like three chapters together.

Dex-chan lover
Ok so, MC goes around doing market studies, seeing how other shops run their buisness.

This is all a set up for random uncle.

Random uncle is the reason their shop is doing so bad... because he wanted to teach them a lesson and he thinks the shop should only belong to his brother? (not entirely clear here)

MC reveals all of this and then comes up with a solution, but the punishment for esentially terrorising a poor family (his poor family) is just really nothing?

Like bro just get's forgiven and becomes some sort of lackey for MC ig?

This chapter honestly feels like three chapters together.
you are just iterating why we are confused, not explaining all the iffy points :p

Why were he trying to make them fail? First he said it was to sell the niece to some man, then he said it was because the shop is his brother's and his brother is hoping to exploit something? He says "you must think someone wants to destroy the shop", when they just revealed he wants to destroy the shop? And then finishes that sentence with "be thankful you havent been destroyed yet"? And so on.
So confusing

"why did you suddenly change your decision?" "is there a reason for me not to help my brother?"
THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE BEEN ASKING OURSELVES ALL THIS TIME. WHY ARE YOU INTENTIONALLY SABOTAGING YOUR BROTHER, NIECE AND MOTHER? WHY DID YOU SUDDENLY GO "welp, let's not."?!?

Dex-chan lover
This whole mini arc just seems like the author was trying to force conflict, but the purpose is unclear. Was it conflict for the sake of conflict? Conflict to try to showcase character knowledge/ingenuity or cause character growth? Conflict to introduce a new main/supporting character? No clue. Maybe the author themselves didn't know, or forgot to take their meds that day. That'd certainly explain why it comes across like the uncle belongs in a mental ward.

Dex-chan lover
Im so confused the uncle wanted to destroy the shop but now hes all good? wtf is happening

Finally figured it out after thinking about it for awhile.

So what we have is uncle and father run competing shops, father disappears leaving daughter to struggle with running the place. Everyone is an idiot so no one thinks of MCs idea, the only ideas thought of are abandon the business or purchase the business. Daughter refuses to abandon the business, and Uncle can't purchase the shop due to guild rules but it really doesn't make sense why he specifically can't purchase it while it was his brothers shop.

I does feel like they're glossing over him being just a horrible person and driving his niece and mom into bankruptcy rather than try to help, but I guess the idea is if they go out of business quickly then he can just swoop in and solve everything with money? Either way it feels like the author just kind of wanted to abandon this problem cause we're definitely glossing over a lot of BS the uncle did.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is filled with poor writing and/or translating. Since this is from the same group that's been doing the other recent chapters and those have been good, I'm gonna guess the blame lies with the original writing. None of what the uncle has done has made any sense, and his actions and characterization changed wildly and illogically throughout the whole chapter. It's a mess. Makes me wonder whether the editor quit or something.

Aggregator gang
Pirouetting shit-head author attempts to demonstrate his genius for commerce. Editor fails to bitch-slap. Readers confused by incoherence.
Doesn't really help when the translations is confusing as hell too, no offense to the translator.

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck? It feels as if the author wanted to go a certain route only to completely change it at the very last minute without much time to fix the plot holes. This arc is so bad...
He should have stayed in the castle.

Users who are viewing this thread