I, Who Possessed a Trash Skill "Thermal Operator," Became Unrivaled - Vol. 2 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Can somebody tell me when this arc ends? Because I don't give a fuck people who haven't been developed and who I don't know about. The author desperately needs to bring the protagonist back into this so we have somebody we can related to, since we don't really know much about any of these characters.

Group Leader
@AnonymousWeeaboo I'm just watching the fights like its a Fast and Furious movie: Like a brain-dead zombie looking at the pretty monochrome.

Also half paying attention to the character's lines because I can at least imagine that there's some substance to it.

Dex-chan lover
The boy should have brought a microwave oven, might be a bit too strong and melt the entire arena, but hopefully his fire-based power could help protect him better than the shadow guys powers. And if he turns it off soon enough they might all survive mostly ok.

Dex-chan lover
i dont even know whats happening since they rescued that girl... droping soon tbh

Dex-chan lover
@AnonymousWeeaboo
Agreed. The author shouldn't have made the tournament arc this quickly and instead, focused more on developing existing characters. Like, a chapter per person or two would do nicely and by chapter 30-40ish, then you'd start the tournament arc.

Dunno why the author is so bad at this.

Dex-chan lover
@Korsai At least Fast and Furious movies keep the same characters around so you can understand who they are and why they're doing what they're doing and what significance the events have to the characters. Sure, they're inconsistent and not very well thought out, but they don't just swap mid movie to new characters you've never met or heard about so you can watch them do things you don't understand their motivation for doing while you don't understand their capabilities, either.

Like, I don't even understand why they did this. They were in the middle of a training arc, they could have just continued that, and then moved to the tournament arc, but instead the training arc is suddenly over and we're in the tournament and we haven't even seen a familiar character (much less the MC) in 3 or 4 chapters. It's like they're trying to be My Hero Academia, but without doing any work to establish any of the characters. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure which characters are supposed to be on the protagonist's side at this point, they look too similar and I don't know any of them.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, this is apparently axed at chapter 20. I guess it all makes sense now, the author is trying to hurry to the ending he didn't set up, but that doesn't really explain why he decided to switch to different characters. He could have just kept using the MC and hurried through the training in a chapter or 2 and then used the remaining time for the tournament arc with the MC. As it is now, there are 3 chapters left for the MC to make an appearance, and he's wasted 3 chapters entirely on shit that doesn't actually matter to the story.

I guess I'll keep reading to the end since I've already gotten this far, but it would have just been dropped if this continued for much longer.

Group Leader
@Scrabbleman @AnonymousWeeaboo I agree that the author definitely should have given more time to build up characters, but with the axing, I'm also not surprised with this result. Might drop it now, will probably read to the end for the hell of it.

Group Leader
"oh, so this manga will be axed? well, let's focus on other characters instead."

-author, probably.

Ahh yes, leveling system discrimination. Of course we love this kind of thing give me more of that bullshit.
"Oh wow is he really level 1, Oh my god hory shitto" kind of thing

"You can't do that you're just level 1"
"Hey hey IM STRONK NOW I WIN"

The only memorable character in this manga are just the MC, that one girl, flame dude, that one teacher, and the headmaster. The other one I can't even remember for more than one chapter

Users who are viewing this thread