I Will Be Selfish in a Different World! The Story of a Selfish Saint Candidate - Ch. 2

Fed-Kun's army
@AMicrowave That doesn't really change much though. I mean gold coins are simply gold (or some alloy of it) in the form of a coin, she could simply melt a coin and then reform it to meet the criteria. A simple mold of a current coin, another coin melted, pour it in and voila. Her inability to produce raw materials isn't a downside at all if she can produce refined end products instead.

Heck, if the only limit is that it's something she's made before, then all she has to do is learn how to make any one semi-valuable object and she can crash markets and ruin economies. Assuming the item has any military value at all, she can instantly destabilizes world power balances. She makes any one food item with long shelf life and she could solve food shortage problems or hunger among the unfortunate on a country wide scale.

If anyone finds out about her skill she could easily be hunted to the ends of earth as something even better than a goose that lays golden eggs. Honestly it doesn't matter what she makes, the very idea of absolutely free infinite production of ANYTHING is more dangerous than people realize, especially when it's in the hands of someone who clearly doesn't realize the implications of the skill. It's essentially creation itself without any meaningful limits, it's a straight up godlike skill.

but its true that skincare companies charge extra for the packaging (and marketing), even though the product itself is as good as regular drugstore products.

Dex-chan lover
I just want to point out how ridiculous her another world summon is, it doesn't have to be the world you lived on, you could summon some genetic altering drug from some cyberpunkesque world. Sure it might be very expensive, but it's possible to think of more primitive and cheaper solutions... like for pain relief she summons a certain medicinal herb, or some culivation herbs... yeah

@thefabulouspotato thats not quite true. Marketing is part of the cost, but doesn't amount to much. The packaging may seem expensive, but that's not the case because it's an expense to the company and their product is just the contents. The product is often a notch higher in quality than typical drugstore products and the reason for that is the R&D, the biggest cost factor is also, you guessed it, R&D.

They spend so much researching and developing each product line, the bill has to be covered by increasing the price of the final product. The final product and how well it should sell at a certain price, weighed against the cost to produce it, will determine how quickly a company can earn back the R&D expenses and then make a profit.

the packaging is only somewhat nicer on premium goods (still cheap) as an incentive for those with more money and vanity to pay a bit more (the contents are also a notch higher than the cheaper lines with more effective and expensive materials)

Her skills are way too broken, I don't think the author thought of it enough.
Think of it like this, if she learn how to make a healing potion or even poison, at the cost of 1 "MP" she could make an ocean of it. There is absolutely no drawback other then she has to have made it before and it only cost 1 MP.

And lets not forget her other world summon skill, she can make ANY item real as long as she can imagine it being real in a different world.

@Zoorc lol she should make a gold coin and then infinitely make gold coins she'd be swimming in money. and while shes at it with her broken magic, might as well summon a cellphone and some kinda generator for electricity
i swear its for self defense, not world domination :p

@bagofsaltysalt You are limiting yourself to the modern world for the summon item skill, what I mean is, if she wanted she could even summon a spaceship, handheld fusion bombs or even all powerful magic weapons from other worlds.
In fact she could just summon a recipe/blueprint of something from out world, use the same or similar materials of her current world, make it and then summon infinite amounts of it. (Soap ain't that hard to make)
And seeing how she could summon food, which btw is just heated raw materians, she could just heat up or cool down a material or mix 2 materials together and in theory now be able to summon it.
Altering the state of an item is effectively making something else. And this is why I said that the author hasn't thought about it enough. But there most likely going to be some illogical "plot" reason why this can't be, she has other skills too but they are more or less pointless apart from appraisal.

Users who are viewing this thread