I Work Nine to Five in the Immortal Cultivation World

It's a okay series has some interesting characters but over pretty generic about a 6/10 for me but man does the MC just suck at his motto "9 to 5". My man proceeds to never actually work 9 to 5 for anything and instead lazes about, if his goal was a slow life then sure what he is doing is fine but not for a "9 to 5" dream.

1. Wakes up late to work "metaphorically" on multiple occasions

2. Is assigned a problem but forces juniors to try to figure it out till he is the only one who can solve it.

3. Claims everyone is over working him but he actually does nothing.

I'm just saying if he was working an actual 9 to 5 he would have been fired already, I know there is quiet quitting but this is worse. It's just a lazy worker (a interesting slow life story but that's not what he proclaims to everyone he is doing) who can fix everything but just chooses to not do anything unless he is forced to, like just leave the sect if you hate being forced to work so much literally no one could ever hurt you. My guy creates his own problems by never leaving.

i liked it in the beginning but now not so much.

especially during the whole tournament arc.

this is subjective so just go read it for yourself. i dropped it because

1) the mc is being very roundabout. what he couldve solved by himself he pushes to his juniors, until the very last second. the author tries(sometimes) to make it seem like the mc was setting formations up, but to me, the mc is holding back unnecessarily which backfires of course, which forces him to actually act, this time seriously.

this frustrates me because all those previous actions become worthless and it clearly reveals that theyre just there to pad things out. to make things longer

2) related to number 1, every time he is forced to act, it inevitably leaves behind clues and hints, which makes it more and more likely that people discover his real strength. which goes against his very goal. and yeah i know, there needs to be clues and hints because in op mc stories like these, having a bunch of characters worshipping mc is the standard.

but the way those characters learned mcs real power is just stupid

3) the mc's logic, and thus the logic of this entire manhua doesnt make sense. he wants to work 9 to 5, but as stated, his w'work' is him lazing around, and even if his superiors gives him an assignment, he'll most likely just shrug it off and only acts if the stakes become higher.

as cthulu said, this is more of lazy life rather than a 9 - 5 life.

but thats not all. he says that he has to save the sect, because then his 9 to 5 life would be threatened, but why? as far as i see it, the sect is the one thats threatening his 9 to 5 life.

if hes worried about being hunted down, then he could just hide somewhere very far away. he can make all these schemes but he cant run away and hide? and even if he gets caught, he has the strength to fight.

if hes too lazy to fight the sects enemies then guess what? he still has to fight the sects enemies. it makes no difference wether he has the sect or not. in fact, because he has the sect, he has to make all sorts of goofy plans so he wont get exposed

he already has techniques. he makes no effort to train and so he wouldnt need resources. the only time we see him using resources is either to put up an act in front of his sect or to help people. his sect while being the thing that gives him resources, is also the thing that makes him have to use those resources

another thing, he doesnt go the next realm, because hes afraid of dying to the tribulation. thats fine. but he makes no effort to get stronger. the manhua barely shows him training. so hes doing nothing to increase his chances of surviving the tribulation. ti mean, this is an op protag story so all of us should already know, he doesnt need to do anything. he'll survive no problem. but still, getting stronger should be the priority because even now, with him trying to stay low, he still has to fight, he still 'gets into danger'.

isnt the best way to make sure he can get a peaceful 9 - 5 life is by being strong?

which also, he doesnt want to reveal his strength because then he'll to work. but as long as hes super strong, who the fuck will make him work. people will beg him to fight, people are still begging him to fight right now, hes still being sent on missions and such

Users who are viewing this thread