Ikinokori Renkinjutsushi wa Machi de Shizuka ni Kurashitai: Rinkan no Mahou-yaku - Ch. 5.2

Dex-chan lover
oh wow i was checking the latest chapter to see the resolution but got confused by the translation instead, sorry
what does "i'm not trying a pick a fight with you money!" means in this context? specifically the "you money" part since it seems like it's being used as an insult

Dex-chan lover
"you money"
Translations are tuff sometimes. Let's give a little slack here. The context of the message being conveyed would likely be translated as "you over money". Which is "YES" a big insult. In Japanese society it's aka "Know your place". KYP is more insulting than "you over money" ever would be. Which would also fit the story narrative. IMHO, would be too much "Inside Baseball" reference. Outside of Japan, a money reference fits better.

Dex-chan lover
Translations are tuff sometimes. Let's give a little slack here. The context of the message being conveyed would likely be translated as "you over money". Which is "YES" a big insult. In Japanese society it's aka "Know your place". KYP is more insulting than "you over money" ever would be. Which would also fit the story narrative. IMHO, would be too much "Inside Baseball" reference. Outside of Japan, a money reference fits better.
i asked because i genuinely got confused, so thanks for explaining

Unintelligible MTL. Chapter #s are definitely wrong. Are the pages even in order?

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Since the entire LN series is already officially translated, maybe it would be better to compare that to the MTL?

Group Leader
So far this manga adapt vol 2 LN. Sometimes skip the details from LN, but it's still good. For me, the drawing is not really good compared to previous adaptation, but the artstyle is unique. It's a shame that the translation is really bad.

Contributor
Impossible task to understand shit about the story, what's happening, like really!! The translation is awful.

Does the story even make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread