Ikitsuku Saki wa Yuusha ka Maou ka - Ch. 9 - Dismember

Group Leader
I wouldn't call any of those tools modern... out of all of the items shown on page 19 the most recent is glasses to improve one's eyesight. Sometimes I can't tell if authors are doing all this to make the main character look smarter than he/she needs to be or if they are simply ignorant.

Dex-chan lover
The 19th century ain't "modern".
Someone from the time of the Meiji Restoration calling any of those products "modern" would be valid, but MC is a salesman from the present.

Dex-chan lover
Did he completely skip over the fact they have ice in a non-tundra zone?

Magic hasn't been discussed in depth much, but it can't be cheap.

glasses have been around for only 20-30 years? I can only assume it means glasses have been around for 200-300 years, because we've had fairly modern-ish glasses for a long ass time now.
I'm pretty sure it's referring to that style of glasses, that world has only had them for about 20-30 years because the next panel appears to show some wierd ass style that you need to hold in place with your hand which is presumably the style they had prior to that.

Since this is a fantasy world they almost certainly don't have hormone supplements, so Amanda must be a cisgender woman. That said, I have no idea why the artist made her so ugly if she's supposed to be a honey trap working for the guild master to keep MC in town.

"You'll ruin your beauty if you worry too much" bro what beauty 💀💀💀

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The 19th century ain't "modern".
Someone from the time of the Meiji Restoration calling any of those products "modern" would be valid, but MC is a salesman from the present.
eeehh, its pretty modern in the grand scheme.

Dex-chan lover
Still can't tell if thats a man or not.
You know damned well you can.

It's just that it's a matter of whether the author says that the character is female or not--that's usually how it goes with the far less grotesquely drawn traps people love so much. But barring that? If you have to ask, then you know.

Dex-chan lover
Sells a perfectly usable sword... for 72,000 and now wants to buy a short sword for 550,000? WTF. Was that a typo? Or what logic is this?

Dex-chan lover
Sells a perfectly usable sword... for 72,000 and now wants to buy a short sword for 550,000? WTF. Was that a typo? Or what logic is this?
Compatability, materials and other factors (enchantment and other stuff) I presume,

Without the strength and endurance needed to fight for long periods of time and traveling while carrying the sword and the basket containing stuff using a big heavy sword could be more of a demerit than anything. He would need to walk to the destination and back after all.

idk what metal the knife is made out of for it to be that much more expensive though

Users who are viewing this thread