I'm a Noble on the Brink of Ruin, So I Might as Well Try Mastering Magic - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
NPC: Wow! Thanks for saving the entire city, the lives of thousands, and possibly the future of the kingdom! Half of what you just did is worth becoming a count for 3 generations!

Dumbass dipshit of an MC: Oh, I'm terribly sorry for letting somebody feel icky for 30 seconds!
Here's 10 million dollars, I'm sure it's not enough for how terrible I am.

People in Japan don't do this, and nobody else on this planet does this; but somehow, every manga has characters who have a compulsive, desperate,  NEED to apologize for success in the most ridiculous fashion.

I mean, it's really insane to offer 100kg of gold for making somebody sick to their stomach for less than a minute.
Like, not mentally healthy.

Dex-chan lover
NPC: Wow! Thanks for saving the entire city, the lives of thousands, and possibly the future of the kingdom! Half of what you just did is worth becoming a count for 3 generations!

Dumbass dipshit of an MC: Oh, I'm terribly sorry for letting somebody feel icky for 30 seconds!

People in Japan don't do this, and nobody else on this planet does this; but somehow, every manga has characters who have a compulsive, desperate,  NEED to apologize for success in the most ridiculous fashion.

I mean, it's really insane to offer 100kg of gold for making somebody sick to their stomach for less than a minute.
He also wanted to ask for forgiveness for the fucking asshole who released the super evil and scary dragon from the legends for purely egocentric reasons.

Double-page supporter

I don't think this pimp of a mc is japanese or even an bluey planet dipshit, if he doesn't even know what prime numbers & instant noodles was...😅
And if they ain't gonna explain where and what he was before reincarnation then they ARE IN DEEPSHIT🤬

Dex-chan lover

no he was apologizing on behalf of his brother. Because of Japanese soto/uchi mentality there's like a shared burden amongst family members.

Dex-chan lover
no he was apologizing on behalf of his brother. Because of Japanese soto/uchi mentality there's like a shared burden amongst family members.
I understand that; I was raised with this, culturally.
I get that part.

It's the idiocy after the initial apology that rips me out of the story, banishes any possibility of immersion in said story, and wastes pages of art... and infinitely worse, it wastes my time.

It's pointless, deteacts from any and all stories, and insults my intelligence; therefore, it has no business existing in an otherwise good story.

Yanno... like I initially said, above.

Users who are viewing this thread