I'm an OTAKU but I want to fall in love with a gal - Ch. 104 - Epilogue: Valentine Special

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I didn't care for the direction the author took this. I
While I do like that they made a decision and SOMEONE won, I feel like the 'choice' of who to pick was taken away from the otaku MC pretty early on, and he was instead led and essentially forced to 'settle' for the senpai girl. Don't get me wrong, she's cute and deserves happiness, but the way it was handled was wrong, imo, and ignored the MC's own feelings on the matter.

Power Uploader
I'm glad for the result myself, especially since the series showed it was heading in that direction in percentages basically from her introduction.

But at the same time you also can't keep Epilogue-ing and need to instead make it the start of a new story.
The author IS making a new story (two, in fact). We just won't get to see green paisen anymore, because as far as rom-com is concerned, the story ends once the main couple is formed.

Supporter
The author IS making a new story (two, in fact). We just won't get to see green paisen anymore, because as far as rom-com is concerned, the story ends once the main couple is formed.
Oh I'm aware that the author has other works, I just meant along the lines if pages for this particular story are being made that it comes to a point that it kind of needs to be its own new series, instead of continually appending it.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh I'm aware that the author has other works, I just meant along the lines if pages for this particular story are being made that it comes to a point that it kind of needs to be its own new series, instead of continually appending it.
wow i didnt notice that, thats cool

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I didn't care for the direction the author took this. I
While I do like that they made a decision and SOMEONE won, I feel like the 'choice' of who to pick was taken away from the otaku MC pretty early on, and he was instead led and essentially forced to 'settle' for the senpai girl. Don't get me wrong, she's cute and deserves happiness, but the way it was handled was wrong, imo, and ignored the MC's own feelings on the matter.
I get it. Music girl is best girl

Dex-chan lover
I really wonder what the author even wanted to do with her, because she not only had the least presence in the story as a whole, but didn't seem to even have any effect upon it.
Yeah, I seemed like he had a "childhood friend expresses her love though music even though she's introverted" thing ready to go, but he had to wrap up the story to stop it from getting axed (again) but idk maybe he just gave up.

Power Uploader
I really wonder what the author even wanted to do with her, because she not only had the least presence in the story as a whole, but didn't seem to even have any effect upon it.
Otomore-chan WAS the intended winner, the author even drew a banner for her in advance. At one point however, the manga becomes "reader's choice" so it was steered toward Osanai-senpai.

Supporter
Yeah, I seemed like he had a "childhood friend expresses her love though music even though she's introverted" thing ready to go, but he had to wrap up the story to stop it from getting axed (again) but idk maybe he just gave up.
Otomore-chan WAS the intended winner, the author even drew a banner for her in advance. At one point however, the manga becomes "reader's choice" so it was steered toward Osanai-senpai.
That's a real shame to prepare that kind of effort and go unused. Also that it basically had any of her development ground to a halt. But I think in some ways the author boxed themselves in trying to have 4 leads and only 2-3 pages to work with at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread