I'm in Love with the Villainess

i tried bearing with it and going all the way through but this is just boring šŸ˜­ some parts might be cute but its still boring at the end i cant find anything good about this manga, prolly people read this cuz it yuri [spoiler ]but the fml aint that cool anyways, she is just meh and bland and is afraid to love.. [/spoiler] this is one of those rare extremely overrated ones! unless you are a fan of slow life genre, you wouldnt like this! there is no plot btw, all the people that voted 10 must extremely like yuri (just like me who like ecchi) but this comes nowhere in the league of the 8.9s. at best this is 8.2 or something

haaahh~ I finished the 2 LN volumes of this manga..i wished it ended just there, I dont like where the Vol.3 is heading..besides,
Claire as the villainess ended in Vol.2..aff. it gets boring..

@Ashlinsama You may read the LN for you to understand it better.. It do have a plot,that I can assure you..We are in the phase here(the manga) where the author is still trying to explain things first before you can go to the actual plot,like an orientation before you go to the discussion.. Its really a great isekai story,well,atleast up to Vol.2.. I guess the ratings came from those who are reading the LN as well..
I can agree with you after the Vol.2 though, Vol3 gets boring..but Vol 1 and Vol 2 are really interesting..

@Ashlinsama yeah,just like an intro & it will last until the latter part of Academy Knights arc..these are all essential though..there are already decoded events in this manga ver. (eventhough these chapters look like shenanigans)..
the story plot youre lookin for will somehow start on Academy Knights arc which was already introduced from the recent chapter 8..pay attention to the characters introduced in that arc...
though the main story will begin on the spoiler youre asking ..

after the Academy Knights arc, theres the COMMONER MOVEMENTS arc, this is where it all started- the chaos, (the game title is Revolution so technically, it will be there.. this is where the revolution against the nobles will start)..
Rei knows what will be the ending for Claire so she keeps on trying to "change" the events, what she had done on these manga chapters are all connected to what she was trying to accomplish (hoping to save Claire in the end).

There will be chaos in the academy and Claire will experience betrayal..

Rei and Claire will both struggle during the revolution arc ..And theres really a huge and interesting twist on who "planned/designed" the revolution against the nobles..
And Rei knows all of that.

things will gonna get pretty serious soon now that the academy knights has been introduced..

So it wasnā€™t near the end after all? Hurray! I really like this manga, itā€™s not overbearing on the romance aspect, focusing on character development rather than sexualization. Never thought i would like a yuri manga (because this is the first one iā€™ve started reading) but if there are more like this i might start looking into them.

Itā€™s nice not to have dumb romance at the forefront of the story.

Dex-chan lover
After a few chapters I realised how odd it is for the MC to be the "MC" of the otome game they were teansported to based on recent trends of similar manga since "villaness avoiding her doom" is so popular right now.

Dex-chan lover
@Yukisuna

trust me, we aren't anywhere near the end. we still have a great many twists and turns. why do you think the game was called "Revolution", anyways?

First ln volume were good, but second went full LGBT preaching Author tract. Don't get too attached to it.

@derp The lgbt preaching or how you call it, is part of what gives value to the manga, at least to me. There's this tendency to avoid the matter completely. The protagonist is aware her love interest is attracted to the opposite sex but she exposed her true feelings because it was asked of her. I also really love the fantasy setting, I hope there will be many other revelation about the world, how magic works, etc.

@Girama Nah, Derp's right.
Second volume turns every female character lesbian out of the blue and reveals in a surprise plot twist with no actual foreshadowing at all that a male character is actually female because her mother cursed her when she was younger with an ancient, evil, gender changing curse.
Then it goes full soapbox preaching about LGBT rights to us, a crowd that more than likely already supports LGBT rights, because if we didn't we probably wouldn't be reading this, and ends up wasting thousands of words and almost 100 pages of ineffective posturing that really didn't need to be said. Basically it goes from a fun lesbian fantasy novel with dark undertones to a militant LGBT gospel that greatly detracts from the novel's main appeal of cute girls doing cute things in a fun world with upcoming tragedy.

@Greatbullrump
You may be right. I hope in the future they will stay more focused on showing the fantasy world then the usual drama.
I still think they made the protagonist express very well the hardship in loving a person of the same gender, but it would all be wasted without an interesting plot

Group Leader
Siiiiiiiiiiigh.

I was really really loving thisā€¦ and then Manaria came along. The drop in writing quality is so abrupt and so abysmal that it reads like a fanfic with official art, a sentiment I've only ever felt once before.

Prior to this arc, there were two things established very well: One, that Ray is over-powered as the protagonist; and two, that for all anyone knows (including Claire herself) Claire is into men, not women.

Then as soon as this arc begins, the story just tells us ā€œOh, Manaria can use all four elementsā€. And immediately, I'm likeā€¦ excuse meā€½ All characters can only use one element, even the teachers and the schoolmaster. Claire, being OP, can wield twoā€¦ and Manaria can just wield fourā€½ This feels like it should be a way, way bigger deal than what the story acknowledges. People should be scared or envious of herā€¦ but nobody seems to treat it as anything note-worthy.

Immediately afterwards, Claire says that ā€œif she had to be with a girl she'd rather be with Manariaā€. What in the name ofā€¦ are those the words of a girl who's currently in love with a boyā€½ Based on what had been fore-shadowed thus far, she shouldn't even have acknowledged Manaria (or any girl, for that matter) as a potential romantic partner. It could have been fore-shadowed much better; failing that, it could have been salvaged in a number of ways, eg by making Claire ponder the issue more or by having her express affection that blurs the line between romantic and non-romantic. Butā€¦ nope.

And finallyā€¦ Manaria's actions. For the life of me, I couldn't describe to you Manaria as a character because, wellā€¦ does she have any? She does what she does so the rest of the plot can happen; her actions at the whims of the writer, serving only to motivate the rest of the characters for no apparent reason. All in all, it's incredibly lazy writing, or that's how it feels like to me.

To summariseā€¦ immediately after the sibling arc, this series jumped the shark, hard. I was hopeful that the rest of it would go back to its original quality, but after reading the comments here and a few spoilers on TVTropesā€¦ I'm jumping ship. It's such a goddamn pity, tooā€¦ some of the plot points I read about its continuation were absolutely fantastic; the truth about Claire's parents is one such example.

I'm done.

Dex-chan lover
Caught up. I paused after the sibling arc ended and the tournament crap happened. Read the LN up to that point as well. Gotta say I was surprised at how quickly they got that over in the manga, going to try the LN again now... everything felt so rushed after that I am wondering if its the actual storyline or just the manga that is cutting things short

Dex-chan lover
So hyped for this getting manga serialization. Would 100% suggest it to all. It's actually quite good (the novel anyways). Support the official release if possible.
If itā€™s available on kindle, I am happy to. But volume 5 has yet to be officially translated..

Dex-chan lover
You know, this is fine as this is, but i dislike the ending.
they ended up becoming commoner i believe, adopted one/two kids. I forgot why, but i Hate the ending soo much or at least at vol 5 i stopped here. it become so nonsensical, no steamy scenes. just overused fluff. WHERE DOES ABO GONE WHEN I NEED IT?!

Users who are viewing this thread