Immortal Hounds - Vol. 6 Ch. 39 - Truth

Dex-chan lover
So the reason nobody usually gets killed is because everyone dies at the age of exactly… what was it, fifty years old? Okay.

So they're like some sort of entity that is programed to die at a certain event caused by specific prior actions/interactions, so if you try to kill it before that it will just keep respawning as a protection for that event fulfillment to succeed, but if it goes sentinent and don't follow that checklist the respawn "protection" get taken away as it can no longer complete that certain event.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that finally explains why falling in love gives someone RDS. The truth! At last!

Dex-chan lover
Quite literally plot armor made manifest to its logical conclusion. Your entire life is a plot whether you realize it or not, and until you finish that plot, it's impossible for something to force you to deviate - until an unpredictable romantic variable enters the fray, and then the plot armor is thrown out the window along with any consistency to your future from then on.

Dex-chan lover
With each chalter it all feels more and more like a simulated universe, with some arbitrary tules set upon it perhaps to just limit necessary processing speed

Dex-chan lover
that last page bottom panel pretty much sets my thoughts about it. Need to get more information before I can fully understand the gravity of what she just said though.

Fed-Kun's army
Excellent. This manga makes my heart race. Thanks for the chapter, truly.

Dex-chan lover
Simulation world maybe? Normally I dismiss that but certainly wouldn't surprise me here. Sounds like it's actually subtly different then a typical one, because rather then their entire lives being mapped out it's only a few key anchor points. So there is still free will and an evolving plot at the individual level, but the overall continuation of the world is assured no matter what. A curious sort of utopia, where it's not all total fairy fluff but you can never go too far off track. The introduction of outer elements though can screw up the system.

Dex-chan lover
Ah I see. They’ve got much less freedom than I thought, compared to the people from the other world.
Also, I guess Jawbreaker is the only sane/not crazy one now?

Fed-Kun's army
Oh shit.
Suddenly things start making sense and I'm invested in this manga again.

Aggregator gang
Yes, yes, big plot twist, but seriously Osprey, Goose's wap was so good you broke up with your partner? Damn. I'd like a doujinshi of that please.

Users who are viewing this thread