Immortal Swordsman In The Reverse World

The problem with the story is that the MC comes off as sexist at times, rather than simply have comedic overreactions. His disdain and ocassionaly violent rejection of the men and women who violate his preconceived notions are the most visible show of this. His overreaction and the disjoint between they are acting compared to how they "should" be acting are meant to be comedic but I don't think that the author has quite managed to pull it off.

@monkey123
See this is how comments work: People leave comments, good and bad. People generally respond with their own opinions and have a conversation... or at least that's what you're supposed to do. Responding "What crap are you talking about? Go cry elsewhere." isn't a conversation, its you crying about your opinion and whining that anyone that disagrees is stupid. This is why I responded you're a snowflake; you didn't argue for the comic, you instead went into immediate "how dare he" mode and attacked. Sure, the comic sucks and its impossible to defend, but that's beside the point...

@Digi-Lib
The entire story? Didn't he just assault a girl for basically nothing, pushing another girl in this chapter? Or was it because she put her arm around his shoulders? Either way, he's basically attacked everyone female character outside of his family.

Hmm the feminist levels are out of the charts but.. hmm too early to judge it.. guess gotta wait for more chapters then decide.

Dex-chan lover
@Christopher
Nah, you still did not mention what's exactly bad about this manhua. Just saying "manga so bad" is childish, wouldn't you agree?

@monkey123
I seriously don't know how to help you... my previous comments gave plenty but you clearly didn't read them...

Like I said, you don't argue a point because you're not capable. I'm done with you.

@Christopher
Saying "the entire story" is not a valid answer to your assertion that the MC is treating women like second class citizens. And the only example you did bring up certainly doesn't show that he's treating women like that either.

Example "Didn't he just assault a girl for basically nothing, pushing another girl in this chapter? Or was it because she put her arm around his shoulders?"

Nearly every girl he's hit has been a criminal who attacked him or his family. The only other girl he hit was the classmate who threw his friend who was offering to share her lunch with him. In this parallel world, women are stronger than men. But in ours, men are stronger than women. Now, if a man IRL just puts his arms around a woman without her permission, and she throws or knocks him out, the fault would be on the man for touching someone without permission. That same concept is being used in the revers for this series because the gender norms were reversed. It's not treating women like second class citizens.

Double-page supporter
@Christopher I agree with you. While not too much, you still feels that the MC looks down on women. I can feel that the author tried his best to make his reverse world, but I still feel a bit of machism.

Just a tip, if your tired of It when you see the same drawing near the end then just scroll by fast cause it's gonna be some discord propaganda

Double-page supporter
@Ovnidemon
I agree with you. While not too much, you still feels that the MC looks down on women. I can feel that the author tried his best to make his reverse world, but I still feel a bit of machism.
But he's not from this reverse world, of course he's going to react strongly when they're the ones looking down on him.
Him acting a bit macho isn't out of place though being a 300 year old cultivator you'd think that he might be a bit calmer and able to emotionally distance himself from odd things such as his old friend having turned full soy mode or some women aggressively hitting on him.

For some odd reason this manga is threatening me to join discord. 😂🤣😂

Those discord adds are little bit annoying but not unbearable
So at least make it every second or third chapter

Double-page supporter
@Degernase What I mean is outside the in-story characters, for the machism. A good example is the cover. Another thing (but I can excuse that because it's easy to forget) is that women still wear skirt and robe (If girls took the lead in work, they should also take the lead in wearing the more practical clothing, in other words, the pants). There are also some other minor things I found while reading. But hey are mainly minor, hence why I said that the author tried his best. As for the MC, just chapter 8 p17, tell long about his view.

This is kinda ridiculous. Even if women where the dominant, the men would have had an equality movement already. It so uneven they laugh at a man being a doctor..

Users who are viewing this thread