In search of a particular title. Please help me search for it

There was a manga I remembered reading but I can't remember the title. I haven't seen it in about 6 or 7 years ago.

I think it was a shonen manga. It was about a martial arts class full of elementary school kids, who are paired in two partners. A lone boy was seeking and trying to find a partner with another classmate in the class. So he set up a prank in order to separate the people who are not scared from the people who are scared. The purpose was to seek a partner from the people who aren't scared by the prank. The female teacher ordered all students to go into a cave to pass a test. A boy had his leg/foot injured. The MC helped him. Then he learns the injured boy has a partner who is an aloof and cold boy. A lot of students, including the injured boy that the male protagonist is helping are killed when the female teacher detonates the explosives that caused a cave-in or collapse but others escaped.

In the next event, the students are ordered to take another test which involves poison and antidote that works only when two pills are consumed together. That was the last chapter I had remembered reading.

Double-page supporter
Bing AI said it's Gamaran (i have no idea how accurate that reply is) :

I believe the manga you are referring to is "Gamaran". It is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yosuke Nakamaru. The story is about a young man named Ichinose Gama who is trying to find a strong partner in order to participate in the "Kanmei Tournament". The tournament is held every ten years and the winner becomes the ruler of Japan's martial arts world. Gama enters a martial arts school called "Shishiku Academy" where he meets Jin Kurogane, an aloof and cold boy who becomes his partner. The female teacher you mentioned is Shinnojou, who orders all students to go into a cave to pass a test. A lot of students, including the injured boy that the male protagonist is helping are killed when Shinnojou detonates the explosives that caused a cave-in or collapse but others escaped. In the next event, the students are ordered to take another test which involves poison and antidote that works only when two pills are consumed together¹².

I hope this helps!

Fed-Kun's army
Regardless of if it's correct or not, I wanna say I hate bing chat / chatgpt with a passion for quoting parts of the info you gave it yourself as if it is part of the search results and sources it is referencing.

Users who are viewing this thread